Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi am new here and I just got a 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ. I want to jack up the back end to take both rear tires off and run some wiring. What is the best way to jack up the back end so I can get some jack stands under the axle? Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
102,433 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Under the pumpkin, big round section of your axle. Just lift it enough to get some jackstands under there. You don’t need to go very high, and don’t forget to loosen your Lugnuts on your wheels before you do that if you need to take your wheels off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Under the pumpkin, big round section of your axle. Just lift it enough to get some jackstands under there. You don’t need to go very high, and don’t forget to loosen your Lugnuts on your wheels before you do that if you need to take your wheels off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I was not sure if it was ok to jack it on the rear differential (pumpkin). Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From the 2004 Jeep Wrangler owners' manual...

View attachment 4512335
Thanks! I have the manual and that is what it said but I bought my Jeep from a private party and it did not have the jack. I am using a rolling jack and jack stands. I will jack it from the pumpkin and use the jack stands on the axle tube. Should be good to go. Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts