Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning to install a TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit Spring Box w/ Shock Adapters and 1.5” spacers in this weekend and have been learning the proper way to install them through the forum. I found several threads as well as youtube video for installing the lift kit but couldn’t get detailed information regarding to jack points (may be this is too basic question for many of Wrangler drivers:(). I took the rear and front pictures of my 2013 2dr JK (Rubicon) and numbered several candidate points. Would someone please let me know which point I should choose for jacking up and which places jack stands need to be placed (e.g. #2 for a floor jack and #1&#3 for jack stands)? Thanks!
Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Tire Car

·
Registered
483 Posts
To install a lift, support frame, not axles. The axles have to have the weight off of them to droop so you can gain space to install lift. You can jack off of axle, but support the frame in someway.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You can jack off
Hey, hey, hey! Let's keep this on topic!! :D

Really, though, I usually jack at the differentials when I have to use a floor jack. Set your jackstands immediately behind front LCA frame brackets and immediately in front of rear LCA frame brackets.

If you think you'll be lifting your Jeep or helping buddies on a regular basis, invest in an engine hoist- it saves A LOT of time when you're doing lifts and such.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
WhiskeyMike said:
How do you use an engine hoist when doing a lift? Drop a strap down between engine and fenders to the axle? How about the rear. Sorry, I'm dense.
I would stay clear of unconventional methods. Get a floor jack and jack stands

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
......Really, though, I usually jack at the differentials when I have to use a floor jack. Set your jackstands immediately behind front LCA frame brackets and immediately in front of rear LCA frame brackets.
^This. :thumb:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would stay clear of unconventional methods. Get a floor jack and jack stands
It's only unconventional because you've never done it. Once you do, you'll never go back!

Let me see if I can find/upload a picture.

·
Registered
346 Posts
We usually hook a short choker (tree saver) strap to the D-rings on the front bumper and pick it up with the hoist on those points. It's all direct attachments so it's actually safer than having it on a floor jack.

For the rear we use D-rings if available, but have used receivers in a pinch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts