Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to buy a jack.
the stock one is gone.
are the bottle jacks?
the ones i have had from wal-mart leak.
so i was thinking maybe i would get a hi-lift style.
i could get a 36" 0r 42" and just keep it behind the back seat.
then i seen a back bumper mount for one.

nothing fancy i just need to change a tire.
and i prefer it to be hid . or out of the way.

any ideals/ comments ???

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
A replacement stock (or similar height bottle jack) jack is all you need to change tires, the OE jack is more than tall enough to change my 35" tires... even 37" in a pinch. You don't need a Hi-Lift to change big tires and actually, using a Hi-Lift to change tires is not only unsafe, it's slower at the job. I can have the flat tire off with my factory jack before my Hi-Lift could get the tire high enough to start removing the lug nuts.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Also daveysjeeps sells them for $5 before shipping last time I checked.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
rubiconvict05 said:
If they are that cheap, might as well buy a new one. Mine is probably all dusty and whatnot
Know that daveysjeeps gets them from salvage vehicles. This is what they do, they part out junkyard jeeps, so you wouldn't be getting a new one, but they make sure it works. I personally would rather buy it off a fellow jeeper though!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
If Davey's sells jacks for only $5, that's about the ONLY thing they sell for a reasonable cost. :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well normaly i would.
but i think i offended them when i said walmart had them from 15 to 30 bucks. ( sorry if i did)
then its going to be another 15 in shipping.

i have a list of stuff i have to get .
so if i can get one from daveys for 20 and save 20 that will pay for something eles i need.
like the wire kit for the trailer hitch.

Do yall know any other jeep salvage place's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts