Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not a mod, but an update. Had to go for it's first big highway drive. This was my average MPG for the trip. I don't buy Wranglers for their great gas mileage, but this is pretty awesome.

At least until tires, lift, armor, etc. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is utterly staggering. Let us know what you get when calculated from the fillup.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That is utterly staggering. Let us know what you get when calculated from the fillup.
Based on fill up, which lowered it a bit after the picture on the readout as well, due to more city driving, it was still 27.1.

This was mostly highway driving, under 70, with a few parts of going 71-72. Pretty ridiculous in a good way.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Based on fill up, which lowered it a bit after the picture on the readout as well, due to more city driving, it was still 27.1.

This was mostly highway driving, under 70, with a few parts of going 71-72. Pretty ridiculous in a good way.
Yeah, I got about 21.5-22 on a long highway drive. A 6mpg improvement over a JK on the highway and about a 10mpg improvement combined is some clever engineering.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A little bit of grow up time. Mopar hood decal. Definitely needed SOMETHING to break up the hood space.

Rubicon high line fenders. Mastercraft Courser MXT 35's and the wheels from my previous post.

Next up could be the beginnings of lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Those wheels are beautiful. I have Vision wheels and the fake beadlocks rusted after one winter. I won't buy Vision ever again.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The 35's would not fit on the stock spare tire carrier due to rubbing the bumper. I decided on the GoRhino spare tire relocation bracket due to it also having an antenna mount. Install was easy, other than requiring a little modification. Had to remove the stock carrier again, drill a hole, and reinstall.

Even with that, only took about an hour total. Now to get the spare on. Probably going to need a crane...

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Time for another update. I got impatient. Lift kits for the 2 door are slowly trickling. I decided to start with Rock Krawlers stock mod kit, no shocks. I have springs, bump stops, front adjustable track bar. Rear track bar bracket and sway bar links.

Given my impatience, I decided to install it while waiting on my shocks and upper control arms. Going with adjustable uppers to begin with for caster correction. Then will add the other arms later.

Was only able to get the back done before hitting time of where I would run out of daylight. Tomorrow. The front! Will also be installing the Rusty’s track bar brace. My Jeep is on the recall. My welds look good to me. But figured the brace couldn’t hurt until FCA figures out their plan.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
A little late on this update. I got the front done as well the next day. Then ran into an issue. Rock Krawler accounts for heavy bumpers and winches. Which is great. However, I don’t have those yet. So my front end was raised up a bit. Fortunately, Teraflex already had a solution. A .5” spacer kit. Added to the rear, now pretty level.

Then to my favorite stuff, some gold Metalcloak goodness. Started with just the upper arms for caster correction. Will add the rest later. Still waiting for my Rocksport shocks though :-(.

Some of you may ask, why RK springs and stuff, then MC shocks and control arms. They both make great stuff. I am personally partial to MC. But they don’t yet make a lift for the 2 door JL. Even once they do make springs I will probably still be limited to no taller than 2”. Which means Rancho springs are probably in my future. Once they release the 2” sport suspension for 2 door JLs :).

Yes, I’m all over the map parts wise. But that’s ok, that’s half the fun.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It took me awhile to decide on bumper. There are currently very few out there. I'm sure there will be a flood of them after SEMA. Of course, JK bumpers "can" fit with widening mounting holes. But the JL grill sticks out more, which can make winch fitment difficult.

I ultimately decided on the GoRhino Rockline. I like the rear bumper as well, so that will happen at some point. I wanted the winch to be on top of the bumper this time, instead of recessed. Easier for maintenance of winch. I also wanted factory fog light provisions. Which this did not have. But it does have a provision for either a 20" light bar, or four 3" cubes. I ordered Rough Country DOT/SAE fog lights. That will be the next update.

There was a hole in the box. UPS had lost the mounting hardware. Made do for now with stuff from a hardware store. Which means the bolts aren't currently black. The company is shipping the right stuff to me. Will change those out once delivered.

I am very pleased with the bumper. Powdercoat and welds look good to my untrained eye. I really like the look of the bumper. It has cut outs for running the Winch power cables.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Looking great! Love the stickers!

Reactions: jawest12

·
Retired Moderator
102,605 Posts
Great looking Ride..:winner:

Reactions: jawest12
21 - 40 of 108 Posts