Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
Idk I’m wanting a 2door now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jawest12

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Idk I’m wanting a 2door now lol

My first wrangler ever was a 4 door JK when they first came out. I love both. But there is definitely something about the 2 door that I love. And now that my children all have their own cars, I don’t need those extra doors :).

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
My first wrangler ever was a 4 door JK when they first came out. I love both. But there is definitely something about the 2 door that I love. And now that my children all have their own cars, I don’t need those extra doors :).

I’m 40 and we haven’t had kids yet. Getting to a point where if it doesn’t happen, I don’t want it to happen, so we won’t let it happen. I may go to a 2 dr then!

Reactions: jawest12

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rock lights installed. Attached to the mopar aux switches. Love the switch programmability. These lights are pretty bright. Went with RGBW this time so that when used as actual rock lights, the white is better than regular RGB.

Need some real tires/wheels and lift to make the lights look better :).

This was a more lengthy install than planned. Pulled the inner fenders liner out on all four to help with running the wires. All run on top of frame areas and behind liner. So nothing to get snagged or anything.
Which rock lights did you go with? Have a link?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Here’s a link. They work great. Although I do suggest a set of the extensions for them as well. For the two farther lights from wherever you put the control box.

4Pods RGBW LED Rock Lights with Upgraded APP Bluetooth Controller, Timing Function, Music Mode https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F13M7DL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Kch8BbNSRY2TR

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Installed the Rancho quick disconnects. Can’t say I’m pleased unfortunately, I will probably end up getting something else.

First issue being instructions leaving stuff out. Like in this picture they mention making sure the flag is forward to clear the cotter pin. To actually, you know, disconnect, you have to cut the flag down, or the disconnect won’t clear it.

The upper mounts don’t fit the angle very well. And the biggest issue is fit on the axle side posts. If the post had just been maybe an 1/8” longer before the hole for the retaining pin, it would be great. As is, it is a very tight fit.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Next up was my ham radio install. This took a bit of planning as there haven’t been many installs for me to copy from.

First was antenna. Found that an L bracket nmo fits great under the cowl panel. And there is a seam there to drill into. I think it turned out great. Doesn’t stick out too much.

I was able to run the wire in through a plug in the firewall right next to the brake booster. I would imagine it’s where the clutch stuff usually goes.

For power and ground I decided to wire directly to the battery. There were other ways to go, but I figured I’d give the whole dropped windshield option a try. It worked great.

Then I had to determine where to mount the control head. Above the rear view mirror seemed best. Running the cable was made super simple with the windshield down.

I mounted the brain under the glove box. It does not seem to mess with passenger space. But still easy to get to, and the speaker is loud and clear.

This JL has been the easiest Jeep I’ve had to wire things up in.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Trying out a dashcam. Wanted one with parking protection. And alerts from thievery and such sent to my phone. Also wanted one that didn’t stick out, as a potential allure for thieves.

So far, the Raven dash cam seems to fit the bill. It is large, but doesn’t look like a GPS or dash cam. Looks to me like it could be part of the vehicle. Has a 4G connection , so can send me alerts, and I can check it anytime. Is a GOS tracker for Jeep as well.

Does a bunch of other stuff that I probably won’t use. Any of your ODB stuff. Diagnostics, different system temps, turn by turn navigation Display is configurable. Videos outside and in cabin. Accessible via cloud. But can also pull full videos from the camera storage itself via USB of SD card if you want.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Next addition. GoRhino rear bumper to match the front. Lined up perfectly. Powder coat in great shape. Was packaged great. Only thing I don’t like is the license plate mate. But, I have the JCR off-road license plate relocation bracket on order.

Merry Christmas to me.

41 - 60 of 108 Posts