Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why I am nervous submitting this post, it may be because of all the killer build posts and Jeeps I have been checking out.

Hey Everyone! A little about me, I grew up as a kid 4Wheeling all around Colorado in the back of a 1976 Jeep Cherokee. My First Jeep I owned was a 1985 Jeep Renegade but didn't get to do much wheeling in that one. Since then owned 02 Liberty, Two 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokees and a 1993 XJ Jeep Cherokee. I loved that 93' bought it rough and built it up to be an awesome 4-Wheeler. So fast forward to now I just traded in my 07 Grand Cherokee in on this used 2015 Anvil Gray JKUR known as "JAWS". The name is a quick story wife saw the Jeep and said "Lets call it Sharky because of the color!!" I said, "Don't think so!" Reluctantly agreed on JAWS and the name has stuck. I am also a Computer Geek by profession and love technology!

So my vision for mine is not too crazy as I do more hiking lately than Jeeping, One of the things my new wife and I enjoy doing together plus it was a life saver during the divorce. I am somewhat fund limited so it will be a slow build and I also took the approach to do what matters the most to me first since it is my DD.

Here is what I have done in the first month:
AntennaX replacement _ Never was a big fan of the silver antennas
Smittybilt neoprene Seat Covers - I have three daughters and they are messy!!
Draw-Tite Reciever Hitch
Rugged Ridge 4-Way Tow hitch Wiring Harness
Viper remote start and car alarm - Nothing like getting into a warm car on those cold winter days!
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX - Thanks to JeffBarnett513 and his Zombie Response jeep build thread for pushing me to the 4200 instead of the 4100
Maestro RR - Did I mention I love technology?!
JL Audio C3 tweeter and 6.5 in front
Focal 6.5 in the Speaker Bar (no tweeters in the speaker bar, disabled them to keep the treble down a little)
Rockford Fosgate Amp for the front an rear speakers
Rockford Fosgate PS-8 Enclosed SubWoofer and AMP - under the passenger seat for that BOOM!

Came with Rugged Ridge Floor mats in the front and passenger floors and a VDR insert on the dash.

Planned to do but not in this order:
2 Esky EC170-06 HD Color cameras Front and Rear
Plasti-Dip the emblems and anything silver
3.5 inch lift - Not sure of the brand I'm partial to RE because that's what I installed on my JK and I heard that's what the MOPAR is rebranded.
35" tires - Most likely sticking with the BFG Mud Terrain
New Rims not sure which
SpiderWebShade
Poison Spider Custom Diff covers painted two tone Grey\Black
Opar Front Grab Handles
Rugged Ridge Hood lift kit
Leveling Kit?
Security Lock box
And anything else this site drags me into!!

Whew! Glad I got all that off my chest!
I have to say thanks to all that have posted I love looking at the build threads and seeing what everyone else is having fun doing. Any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated and respected.

Semper Fi!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new Jeep! Your sound upgrades must rock...sorry, couldn't resist:D Good luck with making it yours!

-Steven

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed my Esky 170-06 rear view camera. It was easy to install and I ran the power off the reverse light with vampire taps. it was very easy and I like it so far. The only mistake I made was ordering two of them thinking I could use it for the front also. It seems these have the lines already in them and my stereo has the ability to add them. So the one I bought for the front has to go back. I already bought the replacement for the front and will get that installed this weekend.

I was able to adjust the camera to get the lines straight and aim the camera the way I wanted it.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking good. I hope to adding a back up camera to mine next week.
Thanks Patch! I would suggest looking for a camera that does both front and rear that you can turn the lines on or off. Only reason I suggest this is because my stereo can add the lines also and I'm thinking about going with another camera for the rear. I bought one and will test it out this weekend hopefully.

Hope yours goes well its an easy install or at least I think so.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been a while since I have posted anything but I have some good news. Just got the 3.5" Rubicon Express lift installed. Wanted to do it my self but don't have the room in the garage to do so. I had the guys at Tanner 4X4 install it. The y gave me a great price and I know they have been around for a long time. I also liked the fact that they 4 wheel themselves. They did a great job and I gained about 4" in the front and 4.5" in the rear. I'm sure that will settle once I get some miles on it.

BEFORE

AFTER

Next are Westin HDX side steps, 35 BFG All-Terrains and Poison Spyder Diff
Covers.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Westin HDX Side Steps, Barricade HD Tire Carrier and BFG AT

Just trying to catch up, been doing a lot of work over that last few weekends. Installed the Westin HDX Side steps
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Tire Car

Then needed the Barricade HD Tire Carrier
Trunk Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part

Then the BFG 315/75/17 A/T
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Tire

·
Premium Member
89 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TeraFlex 3rd brake light mount and license plate relocation

I installed the TeraFlex 3rd Brake light and license plate relocation bracket and I love it! I had to cut the stock 3rd brake light which was easy with a dremel. I also wired a led light strip in for my license plate light.

Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Loving your build so far. Love the Anvil color!

What all gauges does your 4200NEX display? Can it show oil pressure and temp? If so I might swap out my 7100NEX for the 7200NEX.
It does show oil pressure but not temp. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Just trying to catch up, been doing a lot of work over that last few weekends
Nice build! Did you install the RR hood lift yet? Mine are currently disconnected because the gas struts in the closed position misaligned the hood pushing the leading edge past the grill and affected the hood catches. Real cool mod to see the hood rise like a modern vehicle but luckily I was able to push the hood back into alignment once the gas struts were disconnected.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice build! Did you install the RR hood lift yet? Mine are currently disconnected because the gas struts in the closed position misaligned the hood pushing the leading edge past the grill and affected the hood catches. Real cool mod to see the hood rise like a modern vehicle but luckily I was able to push the hood back into alignment once the gas struts were disconnected.
No I never got around to the RR Hood kit. I have had too many other things I want to get done even though they don't seem to hard.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Time to catch up again...

Have not been on I a while I had a major home project that took most of my summer. I did get a few things done and I'll try to catch up.

The Side steps got jacked up at Chinaman's Gulch so I had to get some real rock rails

So I installed the Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers

Its hard to explain with pictures but these Rockers are made of very thick steel. They were not easy to put on but also not impossible.

I also put in the Applointech 6 switch pod.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New Bumper!!!!!

Put my PSC Brawler mid-width bumper on the other day. Super happy with it. Had to cut the crash bar so I could access the bolts to tighten it down. That was the hardest part was getting to the bolts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mt Baldy, Eagle Rock and Bull Park.

Had an absolute blast running the trails with my Friend. Mt Baldy and the back half of Eagle Rock were not that difficult but the Bull Run trail was challenging for me. Got out without any damage, a lot of pictures and a smile on my face!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts