Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Commercial Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife decided to tray and make a mold of the front of our Jeep. Why she chose an Accord as the medium, I'll never know.

No one was hurt and the Jeep does not have a scratch on it, but you can clearly make out the different parts of the JCR bumper in the back of that Accord. lol You can even see where the Factor 55 Safety Thimble punch a hole right through the car just below the license plate.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ouch! Did she get charged with following too close?

It's always my fear when cruising that some jerk will pull in front of my and slam on the brakes.. One thing these rigs do not do is stop on a dime..

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Ouch! Did she get charged with following too close?
I had the same thing happen to me in my pickup. Someone pulled out then came to a dead stop for no apparent reason. The responding officer (which happens to be a friend of mine, but he sicks to the job, no favors as he has written me a ticket before) let me know that the only reason I was found not at fault was because there were witnesses that stopped to report the whole thing.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My JKURX just hit the lot and I called my insurance company to let them know of impending vehicle switch on my policy. I inquired about the rate and the JKU (2 years newer and valued at about $30,000 more than my current 2012 focus titanium) actually costs $24 less every 6 months for same coverage.

I suspect the outcome of the above accident highlights why :)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I slammed into the back of a Ford pickup in my 99 TJ with a double tube bumper. Bent the bumper slightly and slightly tweaked the Trucks step bumper. I slapped my stock bumper back on a was done with it. I got cited but the truck was stopped at a light during rush hour in a long queue of vehicles. The driver had taken her foot off the brake but the long line of cars was barely moving. I expected her to take off and turned my attention away but when I looked back, she had barely moved and I didn't have time to brake. Bam!

My 2014 JKUR only costs $5 a month more than my 98 TJ I just sold. It's worth about five times as much but the insurance agent said it was probably enhanced safety features that helped. I thought I was going to get screwed on the insurance but I'll take $5 a month more. :thumb:

·
Registered
383 Posts
So the wife decided to tray and make a mold of the front of our Jeep. Why she chose an Accord as the medium, I'll never know.

No one was hurt and the Jeep does not have a scratch on it, but you can clearly make out the different parts of the JCR bumper in the back of that Accord. lol You can even see where the Factor 55 Safety Thimble punch a hole right through the car just below the license plate.

Sorry to hear about the accident and good to see that your Jeep did not have least bit of a damage. This is a classic example for having a custom off-road bumper...I used the same argument with the wife to get mine !

·
Registered
588 Posts
My JKURX just hit the lot and I called my insurance company to let them know of impending vehicle switch on my policy. I inquired about the rate and the JKU (2 years newer and valued at about $30,000 more than my current 2012 focus titanium) actually costs $24 less every 6 months for same coverage.

I suspect the outcome of the above accident highlights why :)
just picked up my Willys today, switching from my 05 Nissan Titan to the 2014 JKU Willys dropped mine $10 per MONTH. nice suprise!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts