Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install the JCR front axle truss ?

I like its lower profile and price.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I did it fits fairly well i had to make a few tweeks so it would fit well without having to fill in large gaps. I also had to make some adjustments to it so i could work it some of the AEV lift components that bolt to my axle. I also used their gussets they also fit well.

Reactions: mrcarcrazy

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I was interested in it until I figured out the D30 version of the truss doesn't have a piece for the driver's side axle tube. That's just lazy IMO. I can't see it taking that much tweaking of the D44 one to make it fit the D30 pumpkin and they already did it for the passenger side tube so it's not like they don't know the dimensions.

I did just order their gussets and LCA skids though. I'm skipping a truss entirely now anyway since I've decided to re-focus more towards overland and not build for rock crawling. If I decide to go that route later I'll want to replace the D30 anyway so not really worth it to really reinforce it that much I think.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I ordered and received the JCR D30 truss.
It does include the short axle side.
All 3 pieces just like the D44 Truss.
Now I just have to find someone to weld it on without breaking the bank.
I'm had a guy lined up but he backed out.
Wasn't comfortable welding into the axle housing.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
So I ordered and received the JCR D30 truss.
It does include the short axle side.
All 3 pieces just like the D44 Truss.
Now I just have to find someone to weld it on without breaking the bank.
I'm had a guy lined up but he backed out.
Wasn't comfortable welding into the axle housing.
Oh interesting. Last time I checked their instructions it mentioned the D30 did not include the driver side.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Just for reference, here's why I thought it didn't include the driver's side piece. This is from the install instructions that are live on their site right now........

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw that so I called JCR and they said it now includes short side.
It's now welded on. I like it a lot. It has a nice lower height to it.I also did the Teraflex C Gussets. The RK springs are touching at the bottom but haven't noticed any rubbing sounds from inside the Jeep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts