Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of pics of these bumpers in their bare metal form, but I'd like to see more pics from people that have had them finished and mounted. I asked this question in another thread and haven't recieved any replies yet. I've seen a few pics while browsing through the numerous bumper threads but I'm hoping to find a few more. Google also only came up with only a handful.

I think I'm mostly leaning toward the Crusader Stubby with small stinger (perhaps with lower skid), but I'm still on the fence because I like the entire line. So, if you have a JCR bumper (Crusader or Dagger), I would be very thankful for a bunch of pics!!!! Plus, I'll buy you a pint for each picture*.

I'd especially love to see the Crusader stubby w/ small stinger and lower skid. For this, you'll get a keg*.

*this likely won't happen.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll go ahead and throw some in that I have found through searches:

Salmonshark's Dagger stubby(?) pre-runner:

Rb1boxer_3's stubby Dagger, no hoop:

Sinz mid-width prerunner Crusader:

Ranjr's Dagger stubby with tall stinger:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am also considering these bumpers. How are most people finishing these? What should I expect to pay to have these powder coated? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thiknk most people get them powder coated. Should cost anywhere from $50 - $100 from what I've read.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here you go dagger. Winch and lights will be here shortly. Bumper is very well built and very good quality. I am 100% happy with it. :thumb:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Off-roading

Land vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Automotive tire Off-road vehicle

·
Registered
104 Posts
What about finishing them with something more durable like rino-lining?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have the Dagger rear, loaded out. Great stuff and super stout.

I used Duplicolor Bed Armor and love the durability, but take my word when I say it won't hold up to "gardening" by driving your Jeep over those bushes and saplings (with 2" thick cores) you've been meaning to dig up for two years.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
What about finishing them with something more durable like rino-lining?
Rhino-lining specifically is normally .25-.375 thick. I recommend steering away from this particular brand.

Spray on liners work, but you need a line-x type coating. Also make sure they don't coating the mounting bolts!!:hide:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Rhino-lining specifically is normally .25-.375 thick. I recommend steering away from this particular brand.

Spray on liners work, but you need a line-x type coating. Also make sure they don't coating the mounting bolts!!:hide:
My favorite part of the Bed Armor is how thin it sprays on. Basically just a textured paint.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey thanks for posting my pic! Love seeing it and love the bumper. I got mine powder-coated by a friend of a friend for 50 bucks.

SS

·
Registered
272 Posts

Powdercoated in textured black.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Search for "Chim-Chim's JCR Crusader Build Thread" this is a pretty good thread for the JCR bumpers. I tried to link the thread but couldn't get it to attach, Sorry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts