Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't really seen this anywhere else so I thought I would post it up. I got a JCR full-width prerunner bumper and engo 10k winch. UPS did loose all my hardware but Jason at Krawl Offroad and JCR had another set for me right away. It is a very well crafted bumper and I am very happy with the quality. It looked so good in bare steel that I kind of wanted to leave it that way!

The install was pretty straight forward, JCR's instructions were very good

Did a test fit to make sure it fit

The I painted it with 2 coats of self-etching primer, and 3 coats of spray on bedliner.

Then I mounted the bumper back up

and put the winch on: word of advice! attach both the negative battery cable and ground cable from the solenoid bow to the bottom of the winch before attaching the winch to the bumper. It is very difficult to get to and tighten. Then I attached the skid plate!

I only get 3/8 in drop from this set-up! Happy Jeeping all!:punk:

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
Hey thats the carbon fiber engo winch. Looks cool.

I like that bumper also.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thats the carbon fiber engo winch. Looks cool.

I like that bumper also.
Yeah the carbon fiber surface is nice but it is starting to chip already, worried it won't last long

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yeah the carbon fiber surface is nice but it is starting to chip already, worried it won't last long
The color on the solenoid box also fades to a green eeeeeeekkk. I have the 12k and it works fantastically. But will be mounting the box now, into the the engine compartment. Also the handle on mine as already begun to spot rust while the lower ring of the handle rusted bad so on went the black rustoleum. Otherwise though a great winch and nice looking bumper!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sharp! :thumb: I've seriously considered putting this set up on my rig. Would you rate painting the bumper as easy or difficult? Are you happy with the bedliners look and durability?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The color on the solenoid box also fades to a green eeeeeeekkk. I have the 12k and it works fantastically. But will be mounting the box now, into the the engine compartment. Also the handle on mine as already begun to spot rust while the lower ring of the handle rusted bad so on went the black rustoleum. Otherwise though a great winch and nice looking bumper!
yeah I am worried about that but yeah the winch otherwise seems solid

Sharp! :thumb: I've seriously considered putting this set up on my rig. Would you rate painting the bumper as easy or difficult? Are you happy with the bedliners look and durability?
Thanks! It's not that bad if you take your time, the bed liner is actually pretty fragile and rubbery at first but it hardens after a couple of days and seems pretty solid but time will tell. The hardest part about painting it was all the angles but if you slow and rotate it, it isn't to bad. Just make sure you have a good set of saw horses and put down light coats it is no big deal. And just a little plug this bumper is a built like a tank can't say enough good things about it! if you do get one post it up!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks! It's not that bad if you take your time, the bed liner is actually pretty fragile and rubbery at first but it hardens after a couple of days and seems pretty solid but time will tell. The hardest part about painting it was all the angles but if you slow and rotate it, it isn't to bad. Just make sure you have a good set of saw horses and put down light coats it is no big deal. And just a little plug this bumper is a built like a tank can't say enough good things about it! if you do get one post it up![/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info. If I get one I will definitely post it up.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I really wanted this bumper, but I needed a bumper that came all the way up to the fender flares. This bumper looks awesome, and looks great on your jeep.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info. If I get one I will definitely post it up.
No worries! Good Luck!:thumb:

I really wanted this bumper, but I needed a bumper that came all the way up to the fender flares. This bumper looks awesome, and looks great on your jeep.
Thanks! Yeah the front tires do throw mud on the bumper still but I kind of like that and the deer protection it offers is great! What bumper did you get?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Stinks that its chipping already, but the bumper looks great! :thumb:

We have a Superwinch and it was rusting all over the place. We touched it up with Rustoleum.

I thought it was just a Superwinch thing, but evidently it's not. :facepalm:

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,450 Posts
Looks great! Thanks for posting the pictures my friend! I always like it when a plan comes together.

Yeah, the painting is not to bad. That is how we do all our non powder coated stuff. If you take your time, it is pretty easy. Just make sure you clean the bare metal good before you start.

-Jason

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks awesome, thanks for posting some pics:thumb:
No worries happy to promote a great product!

Looks great! Thanks for posting the pictures my friend! I always like it when a plan comes together.

Yeah, the painting is not to bad. That is how we do all our non powder coated stuff. If you take your time, it is pretty easy. Just make sure you clean the bare metal good before you start.

-Jason
No worries thanks for all your help! Yep I am really happy with how the bedliner turned out

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the bumper! But may I ask, have you noticed a decrease in mpg? Also, does the front sag any now?
Thanks! I only got 1/8th of an inch sag from the bumper alone with the winch and skip the front dropped 3/8ths of an inch total so not that bad, my front springs are 18's and I honestly don't really notice the extra weight. As for MPG I will let you know I haven't gone through a tank yet but if I go by the computer I have not had a drop in MPG but I don't trust the computer much

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hate that this bumper is no longer on JCR's website. I was really starting to like it -- a lot.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hate that this bumper is no longer on JCR's website. I was really starting to like it -- a lot.
In another thread they said they are going to have a new design for 2014 so it could be worth checking out

Thanks for the post. I'm going to be getting the stubby un-sunk version and it's nice to see a good finish on one.
nice!

·
Registered
60 Posts
In another thread they said they are going to have a new design for 2014 so it could be worth checking out

nice!
Thanks, I hadn't seen that. I'll keep an eye out for the new bumper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts