Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Check out Xenon Flat flares they have two styles:

1. First style is 1.5" NARROWER THAN STOCK
  2. Second style is 1.5" WIDER THAN STOCK
I am pulling the trigger on option two tomorrow

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a little dark to take any pictures, but they seem (from comparing the location of the "wrangler" sticker on the side) to stretch just a little further back than the stock fender flares.
I already ordered a set of stage 2 sliders and now I'm a little worried that some extra cutting will be involved...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I'm bumping this up again. I spoke with Beachmonster. He decided to go with the OR Fab sliders since he could never get the question answered definitively.

I'd like to try to do that now.

I took some pictures of the front and rear areas where my Bushwacker flat flares currently sit. Can someone take comparative pictures for me of the OEM fenders? You can see the bent sheet metal where the OEM and BW flat flares seemingly share a mounting location. I just can't remember how the OEMs look.

Front

Rear

I'd also invite JCR to pitch in to this thread as well. It would likely help their cause as it may spur me to purchase them, and many others after me. Al with JCR sent me PM stating that at the worst I may have to trim a little off the JCR sliders. While that is not out of the question, I would like to know if that will be needed up front before I dive in.

Thanks for the help fellas.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Is this what your looking for? These are the front give me a min and I will post some of the rear, if u want spacific angles I can walk back out and take more, just let me know

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Tire

Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
And... The rear pictures

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Synthetic rubber Wheel

Roof Tire Automotive wheel system Brick Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Thanks a ton fellas! That helps me out.

I also found a few pictures of the sliders installed that show some good angles.

I'm concerned that the tolerances are so good with the OEM flares that my BWs may be a problem.

My BWs look like they almost come over the bend in the metal slightly, while the OEMs sit down in the bend a little.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I see your issue is there anyway to move the BW's down in that groove better possibly notch the holes in the fairs where they mount up to the jeep so the whole fender will slide forward and Down into that groove? I am just brain storming tho.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You NEVER need to apologize for a dirty Jeep... just sayin'... :punk:
I understand that, however, I feel a lot better when the dirt comes from off road rather than standard road salts and grime. I see road salts on my vehicles and my stomach is in knots until I can get that crap washed off.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
All the dirt u see on mine in those pictures is strait road salt :/ I know how you feel!!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I wanted to return to this thread for an update. My JCR Stage 2 sliders came today and I jumped on the install.

Just as I suspected the JCR sliders will not work out of the box with Bushwacker flat flares. The flares extend slightly outside of the rolled metal which the OEM fenders sit in. JCR builds these with such a close tolerance to the OEM fenders (which isn't a bad thing necessarily) that BW fenders won't allow the sliders to sit flush.

I'm going to have to come up with a solution to trim the sliders. I don't have tools heavy enough to cleanly cut the 3/16" JCR sliders. I may have to just grind them with an angle grinder. It'll take forever but I have no other idea. :( Damn! I was so stoked to get these going on. This mod just had a setback.

That's all the updates I have for now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts