Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked all over the internet and can't find any video tutorials on how to install this JCR Vanguard front bumper. The instructions provided on their website is generic and doesn't specifically apply to the Vanguard.

I can't seem to get the right approach angle to line up the bumper with the mounting holes. Does anyone have better instructions or is there a video out there that I haven't found?

It's Saturday, so no one can be found at JCR.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
May be easier for you if you just grab someone to hold it up in place while you start the bolts to keep the bumper in place. I have the dagger series stinger from JCR an had no problems bolting right up

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yea I'm not sure. I do remember that piece on mine but it slid down into a slot an either locked or bolted into place I didn't have to take it off but if you got it on there an its secure then be a happy camper

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Ill be taking mine off actually this coming week to get it powdercoated. My rattle can job did great for a while but it got a little beat up an is crackling an peeling off after a year an a half so I can let you know if your concerned about it later on

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just finished the rattle can job. I used self etching primer and bed liner. Turned out better than my fender flares did, but not perfect. We'll see how it looks tomorrow after it dries.

I'll definitely post pictures when I'm done!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Think I got it... had to take this piece off first....
Yep, this gets slid down into the channel to allow you to easily bolt that side mount onto the frame.
~Brian

P.s. Sorry our video install for the front bumpers are not done yet! One of the next things on the list!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, I had to quit for the weekend. I got the bumper on and placed the winch, but was only able to get one bolt in. The holes aren't big enough for the bolts that come with the Warn Zeon. I though this bumper was built and tested with that specific winch.... in addition, the winch won't fit in place properly because the holes are aligned so that the winch won't match up because it is blocked by the two squares where the bumper attaches.

Pretty frustrated with how much metal cutting I've had to do... had to spend another $125 on dremel tool and accessories :/

And, I think the winch is missing two nuts as well.

But here's what it looks like so far...

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! I definitely love the way it looks and think it'll be even better when I get the skid plate on there.

Still a lot of things to figure out before this project can be called complete.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What I figured :/ How about the holes on the winch plate? The bolts (that came with the winch) won't fit through them...
I installed a Zeon on a Mauler (same winch plate) and the bolts fit. I'll check drawings this morning, but could be a Kerf issue or a worn out plasma tip that is causing your problem. This is the first feedback we have received in regards to these holes.

Sorry you are having issues!
~Brian

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’ve recently installed both the front and rear Vanguard bumpers, I too had a few problems with things fitting, bolt sizes wrong that came with the vacuum pump relocation brackets, slot bolt hole sizes on the rear bumper being too small for the bolts, ever try to enlargen a slot with a ½ inch drill, nearly broke my wrist. My biggest disappointment though, I can deal with minor issues on fit, was that the bumpers were all heavier than advertised, front bumper alone came in at a whopping 87 pounds, the skid plate came in at 22 pounds, between the two it added nearly an additional 20 pounds to the front of the jeep. Weight was one of my prime factors in my decision, if I would have known the bumper was 87 pounds versus the advertised weight of 75 pounds, I would have gone a different route. I did send the some communication to JCR, haven’t heard from them but, I also noted that there really isn’t a fix other than recommending them to post what things really weight. The thing I didn’t realize when considering fit though was my M8000 winch looks like a little toy in the trough, still trying to figure out what would look good to fill some of the void. One thing I have to admit with the construction of the bumper, it is first rate, the recovery points are done first class, tapered Recovery points into a slot in the bumper and welded on both sides, again, excellent workmanship.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow, not sure I wanted to hear that. I ordered the same setup and have the M8000 waiting to put in. Hopefully the KC lights will fill some of the gap. Can you post some pictures?

Bob

·
Registered
342 Posts
Boy I guess so. Thanks. Maybe I'll hang them down to fill in the gap.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts