Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Howdy!

Hey guyz am trying to connect my sub and amp to the factory radio! Is that possible? Please need ur help!

Thank u
Not if it doesn't have inputs on back n menu func for sub etc. Get whole new radio n Brack n wire adapt at crutchfield.com delivered for $140!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You can get a kit that will take the high signal to your speakers from the factory unit and give you a low signal with RCA connectors to run to your sub but you won't have as much control over the sub as you would with a new head unit that has separate sub outs. The PO had done this to my 2000 but the sub was gone when I bought it. I found all the conversion stuff behind the stock radio when I removed to install the new head unit.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
And some amps have a dual input. High input where you put in stripped wires. If so run a splice from your rear speaker wires to amp. If it only has RCA low level inputs then 00's advice is right on. Many amps I have seen have both.

·
Registered
671 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts