Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Wanted to know if anyone has a diagram of the 4 O2 sensors locations on the Jeep JKU 3.6L engine? Or could shoot a link to a previous post or website? A lot on YouTube shows all Bank 1 sensors 1/2, no Bank 2 sensor 1/2. Appreciate the help.
Cheers.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Not fully understanding the question, but here is what info I can offer: The cats on the 3.6 are pretty much right off the heads (1 per side instead of having 1 large one after the ypipe). The O2 sensors are directly before and after the cats on both sides. It shouldn't be too hard to locate them. If you are replacing them, do it one at a time. It can be easy to mix up the plugs.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Reactions: mcguirev10

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the input. I assume the easiest way to get to Bank 2 sensor #2(downstream) is to remove the wheel liner on drivers side first. Then it looks like I should be able to see both Bank 2 sensors #1/2 near the Cat.! I plan on getting the loaner tool for Autozone to help remove the O2 sensor(PB blaster and some heat too). Thanks again, just need to know the location better.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Yes, for the driver side it's recommended to remove the wheel liner.

For the passenger side it's accordingly a b**** and you may have to remove the battery tray which in itself is a major PIA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts