Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got my Jeep a week ago and I'm wondering what kind of Accessories I should get for it. I live in Colorado and my Jeep is a 2009 Wrangler Unlimited X. I get plenty of snow and love to go off roading.
Any help would be nice. Thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Congrats on the new Jeep! Where in CO are you? Since its supposed to snow tomorrow, slush mats like Weathertechs seem appropriate....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,003 Posts
Welcome Peacester. :wavey:

I'd suggest reading through the popular threads on cheap mods to find some stuff you can do right now and get some immediate use out of.

A couple cheap, easy mods that I chose to do include swapping the tall metal antenna for an AntennaX off-road antenna and adding Vector Off-Road UFOs to replace the hood rubber bumpers. While not exactly functional, these are two mods that improve the aesthetics IMHO.

The slush mats was a nice suggestion. I've ordered the Quadratec combo pack of floor liners and they should be here tomorrow.

Since you're in off-road heaven (CO), how about upgraded tires and a leveling kit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
apcjk8923 said:
Flip the rear view mirror upside down. It's a mind blowing experience.
Does the 2013 mirror flip work? I seem to have read somewhere on here that with the new powered mirror you couldn't flip it? I hope I'm wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
Peacester said:
Hi I just got my Jeep a week ago and I'm wondering what kind of Accessories I should get for it. I live in Colorado and my Jeep is a 2009 Wrangler Unlimited X. I get plenty of snow and love to go off roading.
Any help would be nice. Thx
Welcome to the forum. Check the Colorado section of the forum. We post all runs there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chuckr said:
Congrats on the new Jeep! Where in CO are you? Since its supposed to snow tomorrow, slush mats like Weathertechs seem appropriate....
I live in the Parker area. And thx. I'll defiantly have to look for those
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kramer2k said:
Welcome Peacester. :wavey:

I'd suggest reading through the popular threads on cheap mods to find some stuff you can do right now and get some immediate use out of.

A couple cheap, easy mods that I chose to do include swapping the tall metal antenna for an AntennaX off-road antenna and adding Vector Off-Road UFOs to replace the hood rubber bumpers. While not exactly functional, these are two mods that improve the aesthetics IMHO.

The slush mats was a nice suggestion. I've ordered the Quadratec combo pack of floor liners and they should be here tomorrow.

Since you're in off-road heaven (CO), how about upgraded tires and a leveling kit?
Thx a lot. Defiantly gonna get a new antenna never even though of that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
I would spend a little time behind the wheel enjoying your Jeep and some time behind the computer screen reading threads and looking through vendor pages to get a better feel for what mods will fit you best. There are just so many things you can do to Jeeps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Just advice.

Figure out how you plan to use your Jeep, from the most mild to the most extreme, and mod/build it to your liking while trying to find a balance between both extremes.

Research the hell out of everything. Don't go with something simply because it looks cool or someone else thinks it looks cool. Try to find out how well each item performs and lasts so that you can get the most for your money and don't have to replace something a few months down the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,147 Posts
Just advice.

Figure out how you plan to use your Jeep, from the most mild to the most extreme, and mod/build it to your liking while trying to find a balance between both extremes.

Research the hell out of everything. Don't go with something simply because it looks cool or someone else thinks it looks cool. Try to find out how well each item performs and lasts so that you can get the most for your money and don't have to replace something a few months down the road.
I second this. I won't hurt you much to spend $20 here or there for little things - but you might kick yourself later on bigger stuff. I built one TJ years ago and although I liked it, I wished I had done a few things differently and it was stuff I couldn't change (I Rhino-lined it, they did a bad job, it wore off in spots, and then they wouldn't warranty it). I lost that TJ in the ice storm of '07 and replaced it with another TJ. I built that one better, or so I thought. I used Gatorhyde this time (GREAT product), but this time the fault fell to the 4 inch lift I put in. At least it's a fixable issue there, but not something you want to have to redo. I just picked up a JK this past week and I'm accruing a list already, but this time I'm going slower (I also have a lot to catch up on with the JK).
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top