Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Most Interesting
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After leaving a shop today that said they couldnt attach the alignment tools to my wheels because my Rugged Ridge wheel didnt have a "lip" to hook onto without scratching the wheel, I started thinking about aligning my Jeep myself. I just put a 2.5" TF lift on and saw this QuickTrick

anyone have experience with the quick trick alignment tool?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
If you are trying to adjust the toe just use a tape measure between two like points. I do this and get mine perfect 1/8" toe in every time on my TJ as confirmed by the fancy alignment machines.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yea what he said. I'll add that I use chalk to mark a lug on each tire and roll it back and forth measuring always from the same two lugs so there is no chance for variance in the molding process or run out of the tire. Really couldn't be easier.

I had a shop ruin a set of aluminum wheels attaching that gizmo to the wheel lip. It scratched and gouged the wheel lips to death. You break the clear coat on factory aluminum wheels and bubbling corrosion is only months away here in the rust belt.

·
Most Interesting
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did not have the shop align my wheels because of this issue. There is a company that makes a product called Tru align that allows alignment shops to mount the sensors on each wheel to the lugs and not the wheel lip. Just need to find a shop that has that accessory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts