Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!! I’m hoping someone can help me with an amp problem. I have a 2011 Jeep Sahara Wrangler Unlimited and my stereo amplifier is on its way out. I’m not having any luck finding one anywhere. I don’t want to upgrade either. Is there a different dodge vehicle I can salvage an amp from from the scrap yard that’s not a Jeep? The amp I have is 140 watts and 5 speaker hook up if that helps. Any info will be helpful. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
I can't directly give you an OEM replacement suggestion, but are you certain the amp is bad? Are you sure it isn't the head unit or a bad speaker(s)? Maybe describe some symptoms you are experiencing. I'd hate to have you pursue an amp replacement if the problem lies elsewhere. Problems with the OEM head units aren't uncommon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sound cuts out every couple of seconds and then comes back on a few seconds later. It doesn’t matter if it’s the radio or CD player. The stereo isn’t losing power and the connections seem fine. Had a few people listen to it and they all believe it’s the amp. Any other ideas I can check would be greatly appreciated. Really miss having music lol.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Yeah, that seems more likely to be a legit amp issue than the head unit. I'm assuming this happens at all volume settings, not just at loud volume? It may have a short somewhere and is going into protection mode.

If you dont want to spend any real money I think you just need to keep searching the junk yards. I know my local junker will try to locate stuff from other yards if he doesnt have something on the lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it does happen at all volumes. I will still keep an eye on the scrap yards and one of them is keeping an eye across Canada for me. Thanks for giving me something else to keep an eye out for with a short somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts