Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good suggestions for audio systems? I love bose but they don't make any for jeeps. I want something with clear sound but that has good bass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,321 Posts
There are a million options. Are you looking to replace the head unit, add amps, sub etc? I have a Clarion head to an Alpine amp powering my #77KICK10 6.5"s with a downfiring 10" Pioneer sub powered by a mono amp. If you plan on using the factory head unit plan on wiring in an amp with RCA adapters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lolpetewtf said:
There are a million options. Are you looking to replace the head unit, add amps, sub etc? I have a Clarion head to an Alpine amp powering my #77KICK10 6.5"s with a downfiring 10" Pioneer sub powered by a mono amp. If you plan on using the factory head unit plan on wiring in an amp with RCA adapters.
I want to replace everything on it, I'm not to audio savvy. I just want a better sound and more bass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,321 Posts
gonna need a price range. Are you paying someone to do the install? Do you want touchscreen? NAV?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lolpetewtf said:
gonna need a price range. Are you paying someone to do the install? Do you want touchscreen? NAV?
My dad is good with wires so he'll be doing all that. I don't want touchscreen. And I don't really know about the price? What's the average cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,321 Posts
If I were you I would look at Cruchfield.com and sort by features you want in a head unit. Head units are very subjective. The reason I got my Clarion is I got it for around $150.00 and it has built in Bluetooth and 6 RCA outs. Like I said, there are a million options here. Wranglers have 6.5" speakers so sort by those. Start reading reviews and see what you think fits you.

Mine are made by Kicker and can be bought at a Chrysler dealer. I bought them because they are plug and play and did not feel like dealing with soldering etc at the time, but I am very happy with them. I paid around $500 for all my parts I think:

Wiring harness or PAC adapter which includes the harness so you can use your steering wheel controls
Amp wiring kit
Clarion CX501
Boss mono amp
10" Pioneer sub
4x6.5" Kicker speakers
Plastic install tools
I also have an Alpine amp my brother gave me free =)

What year is your JK?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lolpetewtf said:
If I were you I would look at Cruchfield.com and sort by features you want in a head unit. Head units are very subjective. The reason I got my Clarion is I got it for around $150.00 and it has built in Bluetooth and 6 RCA outs. Like I said, there are a million options here. Wranglers have 6.5" speakers so sort by those. Start reading reviews and see what you think fits you.

Mine are made by Kicker and can be bought at a Chrysler dealer. I bought them because they are plug and play and did not feel like dealing with soldering etc at the time, but I am very happy with them. I paid around $500 for all my parts I think:

Wiring harness or PAC adapter which includes the harness so you can use your steering wheel controls
Amp wiring kit
Clarion CX501
Boss mono amp
10" Pioneer sub
4x6.5" Kicker speakers
Plastic install tools
I also have an Alpine amp my brother gave me free =)

What year is your JK?
2009 it's an unlimited X the jeep used to be my sisters and she put the rubicon decal on it which pisses me off. Thanks for all your help I'll be sure to check out the website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
Traded in a 2007 Saab for my Jeep. The Saab had a Bose system. The Jeep is leaps and bounds better. Seriously. I think GM just licensed the name because that system was aweful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,321 Posts
Traded in a 2007 Saab for my Jeep. The Saab had a Bose system. The Jeep is leaps and bounds better. Seriously. I think GM just licensed the name because that system was aweful.
I had a Bose system in my Audi. The name is meaningless unless you are buying an A8 or something super premium. It had paper cones with hardly a magnet it in. I actually interviewed there once, not at the automotive lab but headquarters.

Any other questions let me know. A good reason to buy from Cruchfield is on the phone support, wiring diagrams etc. but you pay a significant premium. Since I did it myself I got everything from Amazon for much cheaper. Good luck!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top