Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever been? It looks cool. Just driving on the beach would be neat. www.jeepbeach.com

·
Registered
493 Posts
I went to school in Daytona 20 years ago. I remember finishing up my last exam at 11am Dec 9th loading up a couple friends in the 98 Olds Regency (5300lb curb weight) and driving out on the beach laying out and getting a tan. The sand is so hard that car had no trouble. I wish I had a Jeep then, I was jealous of everyone that did. Should you go to a Jeep event in Daytona? Hell yes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
JeepBeach 2011

Yeah We went last year and stayed in town all week! A whole lot of fun things they plan to do everyday! You can also drive on the beach and the Sat the end up in the Infield of Daytona Speedway!! Impressive is all I can say!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can drive on the beach here in Gulf County, FL, if you live here or own property here. It's just $15 a year for a permit, unless you're disabled like me, then it's just $3 for a permanent permit and I never have to pay again. If you don't live here or own property, then it's $150 a year for a permit. That's why I can wait to get my Jeep. I've taken my ATV's and my old 4wheel drive truck on the beach, but I think the Jeep will be more fun with the top down.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to see if it would be worth making the 12 hour drive to Daytona. I don't mind driving that far, but the wife isn't too thrilled. I would definately haul my Jeep on my gooseneck!! I've pulled my camper down there before for the Pepsi 400 NASCAR race, so I'm familiar with the area and the track. It looks like a cool event.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm trying to see if it would be worth making the 12 hour drive to Daytona. I don't mind driving that far, but the wife isn't too thrilled. I would definately haul my Jeep on my gooseneck!! I've pulled my camper down there before for the Pepsi 400 NASCAR race, so I'm familiar with the area and the track. It looks like a cool event.
I say come back! The wife would love the hotel and the pool area, not to mention the beach... Jeepbeach is the Daytona 500 of the Jeep world!!!! Don't forget about Jeeptoberfest in Ocala on Oct 26th-27th.....:popcorn:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts