Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
The wife and I will be there for the full 4 days, staying at "Host Hotel" The Shores Resort and Spa. Signed up for the trail rides already :winner:. This will be our first year, last year before I had my Jeep I told my wife we were going to this next year :iamhappy:.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I will be North at that time :nonono:Take lots of pics, maybe next year.
I heard of a big jeep thing in PA either April or May, maybe I can catch that one
I'm so Jealous!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I signed up, first time for me, but the accommodations were sold out... Then today I got a Travelzoo email which had rooms avail at the same hotel (shores resort and spa), so I booked for Fri and Sat ($139 per night plus tax/fees, includes parking and waived resort fee)

Hopefully the link pastes correctly :)

The Shores Resort & Spa | Travelzoo

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ill be there first time too fri-sun

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a question for those that have been there before, I registered already where do we check in?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I signed up, first time for me, but the accommodations were sold out... Then today I got a Travelzoo email which had rooms avail at the same hotel (shores resort and spa), so I booked for Fri and Sat ($139 per night plus tax/fees, includes parking and waived resort fee) Hopefully the link pastes correctly :) The Shores Resort & Spa | Travelzoo
I just signed up for travel zoo with your link and tried to get Saturday night it said not available. You probably got the last deal or maybe one will open open later. I'll try back or I'll sleep in the Jeep or drive an hour away and stay somewhere lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just signed up for travel zoo with your link and tried to get Saturday night it said not available. You probably got the last deal or maybe one will open open later. I'll try back or I'll sleep in the Jeep or drive an hour away and stay somewhere lol.
Bummer that it is sold out right now...

Nearby is the seascape inn, actually cheaper than the travelzoo deal. I originally booked at the seascape, then when I got the travelzoo deal I cancelled.

The Seascape Inn - Daytona Beach Beachside Hotel

I've never been to the seascape and have no affiliation, but it is close to the "official" hotel and cheaper.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bummer that it is sold out right now... Nearby is the seascape inn, actually cheaper than the travelzoo deal. I originally booked at the seascape, then when I got the travelzoo deal I cancelled. The Seascape Inn - Daytona Beach Beachside Hotel I've never been to the seascape and have no affiliation, but it is close to the "official" hotel and cheaper.
Thanks man I will check that out.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Never been and never going to go. I only live about an hour and fifteen minutes away in Jax, FL. Too crowded and it's right at the time of my birthday.
First year I heard was the best as there was not as many people there. After that first year crowds galore!

·
Registered
76 Posts
How is it? I've heard mixed things about Jeep Beach. Lots of waiting in line etc..
If you are going because you are looking for awesome trail rides and obstacle courses i think you are going to be disappointed. They do have a trail ride set up this year and definitely will have an obstacle course but it really isn't anything special and there are just way too many options not too far away (and further away) for much better.

Now, if you are going because you want to hang out with your friends and meet a ton of other Jeepers then this is one of the better events. Not specifically about wheeling but about checking out everyone else's gear and tons of very good deals with a lot of options from the vendors. So far, the vendor section at Jeep Beach has been unparalleled with any other event i have been to. The hotels are packed with other Jeepers so just hanging out by the pool or lounge wherever you end up is really cool.

I have not taken part in the parade (neither when it was on the beach nor on the track). That's kind of a novelty thing maybe to just say you did it. I don't see the appeal of driving slowly in a long line but other people like it.

I'm not sure if i am going to go this year. But if i do i wont be registering for any of the rides. Just hanging out and walking around is good enough for me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts