Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum here, just wanted to post up real quick and see if any of you all had seen or tried out some of the Jeep bottle openers?

I was thinking of getting this one from "Initiatjive" for my 2012 JK but I wanted to get some feedback before I purchased anything!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUA9ATZ

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
Holy Cow!! $35.00 for a bottle opener. And then I ugly up my Jeep by installing it to my windshield?

I currently use a key chain freebie that came in a swag bag when I entered my Jeep in a local show. That's what works for me. Plus, If I'm sitting at the picnic table and I want to open a bottle, I don't have to walk to my Jeep to do so.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: IRQ and T.Wagner

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah hard pass on that. I just keep a little Yeti opener in my pocket if I'm really worried about encountering emergency bottle-opening situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I figured I would just try to do the bottle opener on my keys on in my pocket but I wasn't sure if people had some opinions on them or what not!

Side note: Yes $35.00 is rather extreme for that ill be honest haha

·
Registered
333 Posts
Have had one of my SAKs in my pocket every day since the dawn of time.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Or spend 5 bucks and get a bar bottle opener and attach it to your cooler.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have had more comments from non jeepers on my bottle opener than any other part of the jeep.

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I use any piece of metal that is handy. The thick back section of my pocket knife (always have one) works well. Why mount one permanently?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I use any piece of metal that is handy. The thick back section of my pocket knife (always have one) works well. Why mount one permanently?
coolness factor. we all have an opener on our person but soooo much more cool when it is part of the jeep lol. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I have had more comments from non jeepers on my bottle opener than any other part of the jeep.
Now I know why you sold the Teraflex tire carrier jack mount.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I figured the bottle opener would get more use than a hi-lift :)
If you have a good wheeling day, you are right. On a bad wheeling day, both get used to excess.

·
Registered
293 Posts
HEY!! What about us YJ & CJ guys? Do you think we can get MOPAR to retrofit our Jeeps with the TJ styled bottle opener?:lmao:

Good Luck, L.M.
I tried it once...broke a piece of glass off the top...not drinking that! If I'm not at home, its cans anyway, kinda like pool or beach rules! Broken glass is harder to clean up than an empty can!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
I tried it once...broke a piece of glass off the top...not drinking that! If I'm not at home, its cans anyway, kinda like pool or beach rules! Broken glass is harder to clean up than an empty can!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
I guess I never thought about broken glass. I'm pretty responsible in the outdoors (Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints).

Accidents happen though. I like the idea of only cans. We don't have too many pools in Colorado and fewer beaches (obviously lakes and reservoirs only) but we have a whole lot of camping and Jeep trails. Broken glass will do in a tire almost as easily as a foot.

Great idea. Thanks.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts