Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think there was a company that sold them for basically half that.

I just made my own with my brother.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That's awesome looking
Thanks, it has AC hidden under the "spare" tire, a tv, a shovel, an axe, some rope, and a spot to hang more off if I can think of something. I'm currently thinking a hi lift jack some water and lights.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If you can can find the threads, there are lots of em on here about Camp trailers, both home built and factory made.... "BH"

·
Registered
701 Posts
What length/width trailer you build on?
It was an old 11 foot "Little Gem" camper made in the 1960s. Back then it was 11' x 6' with the body going over and covering the tires and wheels. Every board on it was rotten and every peice of aluminum was bent. The frame itself was only 4x8 with some extensions coming out from there.

The back extensions just fell off while I was taking the old floor out. I use two extensions on each side to hold the saddle boxes and one in the back to put the jack stands to keep it from rockin all night.

The whole thing cost less than 2500 to build

·
Registered
615 Posts
very cool I have looked at the Mopar ones and can not justify $10.000-12.000 they are a little junky IMO and not much there for the money My brother built one for his TJ and we are going to buy a 6x8 and build one for Me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very cool I have looked at the Mopar ones and can not justify $10.000-12.000 they are a little junky IMO and not much there for the money My brother built one for his TJ and we are going to buy a 6x8 and build one for Me.
Yeah when I finally found a price for one oh lawd 8( I'm thinking I'll go the build my own route for now and use my tent for this summer

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a Viking pop up camper, it's a 10 foot box with a 2' cargo area for storage up front. I am planning on doing an axle flip on it to gain about 4" of ground clearance and then get bigger tires for it. It does fine going down dirt roads and I have taken it down a few 2 tracks to get to camp sites. Nothing to crazy though. If I want to get crazy I will do that after camp has been setup.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Taking one of these home Friday, ( Livin lite offroad quicksilver 8)

Its all Aluminum, Aluminum tubing, aluminum skin, Aluminum Trailer. Marine vinyl tent and awning.

Convenience Package, Outside Table, Propane Stove, battery Box & First Aid Kit
Off Road Package 15" All-Terrain Tires
Rear Aluminum Deck (for Storage)
Air Conditioner 8.0 8000 BTU
Awning
Rug
Travel Length: 12’-0”
Camping Length: 16’-2”
Travel Width: 7’-0”
Camping Width: 7’-0”
Travel Height: 4’-0”
Camping Height:8’-2”
GVWR: 1,500 lbs.
Dry Weight: *865 lbs.
Load Cap: *635 lbs.
Hitch Weight: 150 lbs.
Tire Size:15" All Terrain
Sleep Capacity: 6

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Anyone had any experience with one of these? Looks pretty neat!
They also have one similar to the Jeep model for about half the price and it has air conditioning where as the Mopar version does not. It only weighs 636 Lbs. and can carry 500 more.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Taking one of these home Friday, ( Livin lite offroad quicksilver 8) Its all Aluminum, Aluminum tubing, aluminum skin, Aluminum Trailer. Marine vinyl tent and awning. Convenience Package, Outside Table, Propane Stove, battery Box & First Aid Kit Off Road Package 15" All-Terrain Tires Rear Aluminum Deck (for Storage) Air Conditioner 8.0 8000 BTU Awning Rug Travel Length: 12’-0” Camping Length: 16’-2” Travel Width: 7’-0” Camping Width: 7’-0” Travel Height: 4’-0” Camping Height:8’-2” GVWR: 1,500 lbs. Dry Weight: *865 lbs. Load Cap: *635 lbs. Hitch Weight: 150 lbs. Tire Size:15" All Terrain Sleep Capacity: 6[/QUOTE

How much did it cost ?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
$ 8006.00 out the door and down the road taxes, license and all.

Oh and the smaller one is about 6k they both are built totally out of Aluminum.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Picked up an XVenture at the Overland Expo on the 16th of May...not a pop up but way capable of serious off road. 19 inches of ground clearance, built in 22 gal. water tanks, RTT, solar and Propane, hot and cold running water, same wheels and tires as my Rubi. Love this thing.
Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
Picked up an XVenture at the Overland Expo on the 16th of May...not a pop up but way capable of serious off road. 19 inches of ground clearance, built in 22 gal. water tanks, RTT, solar and Propane, hot and cold running water, same wheels and tires as my Rubi.
How much? More or less than we you paid for your Rubi?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts