Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious as anyone ever has any positive responses from them? I've never used them but I see Jeep care throughout all the different posts and they always seem to say contact me contact me or contact a dealer.
My question is do they actually ever help anyone?
On the outside it comes across they're just trying to refer you back to the dealership and of course you know what that means extra cash for someone.
Here is part of a post from this week.
This is really a simple thing, You have a copy of my invoice (and I can provide another copy if necessary). Take me off your not done list. @JeepCares maybe you would be willing to try again and not give me the standard, useless response?

Once again I'm not knocking it I just curious if it's ever used and if so what do they do?
Eads

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
@Jeepcares Good Experience

I have been given straight answers to my warranty questions. It seems they did the research on my VIN and were able to provide the answer while my local dealer was "out to lunch" figuratively...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear. I just curious cuz I always see him post something but I never see them give any insight to the issue other than PM me. Good to know if ever needed.

·
Registered
989 Posts
My uninformed guess is that Jeep Cares first priority is to get negative public venting off of a public forum thread and direct it to back channel PM's. I get that they do try and assist, and I believe it's a good move by them to help direct frustrated consumers in a direction that might resolve their issue, but I don't think that they are a silver bullet or resolve any hurdles that a consumer navigating through dealers and corporate won't eventually get to themselves.

That said, I'm all for expediting things and if they can save a phone call or two to the wrong department, then they're adding some value beyond PR for FCA.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I'm just curious as anyone ever has any positive responses from them? ...
My question is do they actually ever help anyone?...
Yes.
They came through for me during the transition from Power Wagon to JKU.
It was actually a FIATcares rep that I knew from FIAT ownership, but same office. They stepped up and did the right thing.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I'm just curious as anyone ever has any positive responses from them? I've never used them but I see Jeep care throughout all the different posts and they always seem to say contact me contact me or contact a dealer.
On the outside it comes across they're just trying to refer you back to the dealership and of course you know what that means extra cash for someone.
Here is part of a post from this week.
This is really a simple thing, You have a copy of my invoice (and I can provide another copy if necessary). Take me off your not done list. @JeepCares maybe you would be willing to try again and not give me the standard, useless response?

Once again I'm not knocking it I just curious if it's ever used and if so what do they do?
Eads
Here's the deal. My beef here is with the Jeep Cares group that you get thru the online chat. I also know why as my company also has online chat. Chat is designed for quick hits. Apparently, what I asked for isn't something that they could do quickly, so I got a standard, non helpful response where the agent passed the buck to the servicing dealer. On the forums, I have invoked JeepCares a couple of times and the forum reps appear to have a bit more latitude in how long they can work with a customer and in what resources they can invoke. So about 50% of the time the forum JeepCares reps can help and the outcome is a success story, 50% of the time, they can't. Not everyone will be happy with the outcome of a CS request.

To this request, JeepCares on this forum, sent me a PM this morning and requested a copy of my invoice, which is further than I got in email to Airbag Recall Support. I have got to think that if I provide them proof of the recall being done and they now know that there is a less than glowing post about prior attempts to fix this database error, that it might actually get fixed in the database.

Reactions: Hilldweller

·
Registered
844 Posts
Helped me with scheduling the airbag fix, safety and potential injury always trumps the excuses of the service department.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have heard overwhelming positives on Jeep Cares. Bottom line tho is all dealerships are independent however so they can not always perform miracles. Sure it is a bummer for the few that don't get satisfaction but great for those that do.

Reactions: WaltA

·
Registered
402 Posts
My experience has been that they do seem willing to help, but they're very slow to respond. I've tried to use them to help on two occasions in the past and each time it was resolved by the time they appeared to try and help.

"I saw your PM about your upcoming appointment with the dealership and we're happy to help make sure blah blah blah..."

"Yeah, that appointment was last week and it was a nightmare but they eventually fixed it. I wish you'd read the PM the week I sent it."

I agree that the only reason they're here is to keep negative things off the public forums and into private messages as much as possible.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

I haven't used Jeep Cares, but have used Dodge Cares. Twice.

I believe that they are actually staffed by the same FCA people.

They were very helpful and reasonable bunch of people. Of course, this assumes you too are being reasonable.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
They helped me. When I called about my airbag recall the dealer said it would be a couple weeks to gets the parts but when I called back after a couple weeks they had no idea when they would be in. I saw Jeep cares state in a thread that the parts were readily available.

I messaged Jeep cares and the next day they told me to call the dealer and schedule the service. All of a sudden they had the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
They came into a thread I started awhile ago. The bolt in one of my doors snapped in half when putting the door back on. I went to the dealership (1st appointment at 7am) and they were completely unprofessional. They took over 5 hours, never updated me, they parked my Jeep and never told me they were done. They never fixed the half bolt stuck in door and wanted to charge me some BS around $600 or something.

Jeep cares came into the thread and basically just said to direct message them. I did and told them about it. Nothing ever came of it. It was pretty much, "Keep us posted " type thing. So who knows

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Wait, what, they charged you $600 and didn’t do anything? That’s insane!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've used Dodge Cares. They were nice enough, but didn't help me out either. And the dealer got me for several hundred dollars to tell me what I already knew was wrong. They even tried to tell me they fixed it, I paid the service invoice, went out to the car and the problem was still present. Frustrating after nearly three hours of waiting.

Three out of 5 cars in our house are Mopar products. Anyways, I really thought they should help out on an expensive component failure that occurred within 6 months of purchase and less than 3k miles, CPO vehicle, yeah it was used and no, they didn't help out. There was some interesting dialog and a call they made to the servicing dealer while on the phone with them. I can only speculate what they spoke to the dealer about. Anyways, I was polite and thanked them for their time, but stated I could not thank them for helping since they ultimately did nothing to remedy the component failure or its warranty coverage.

It is interesting to contemplate, we all love cars on these forums, but by and large, we all complain about the dealerships and the lack of genuineness and assistance when issues arise.

Still haven't fixed it yet, waiting for warm weather since its a fair weather ride anyways.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I posted about my engine ticking at 30,000 miles and they contacted me. I was concerned that my powertrain warranty was up the following year and what would happen then. The engine was warranty repaired and they gave me an additional warranty of 5 more years and mileage up to 95,000. I was pleased as this was given without me having to ask. I just expressed my concerns to them.
My dealer service manager did say that Jeep Cares contacted them and asked the condition of my Jeep before extending the warranty. I'm thinking that an abused, uncared for Jeep might not get as much.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
No they wanted to charge me. It was BS. Never go to the dealership

I’ve been twice in 5 1/2 years of ownership. One for airbag recall, second for oil pressure sensor under warranty. All the other work I do myself.

·
Registered
230 Posts
No they wanted to charge me. It was BS. Never go to the dealership

I’ve been twice in 5 1/2 years of ownership. One for airbag recall, second for oil pressure sensor under warranty. All the other work I do myself.
Hahaha! After my warranty expired a year and a half ago, Ive been to twice. Air bag recall and to buy ATF +4 . I do all my work as well

1 - 20 of 23 Posts