Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Jeep. It through a p0302 code and I take it to the dealership just to be told that it needs the head work done that plagues the crap out of these 3.6's but I'm 2 weeks out of the 10 year 150,000 mile extended warranty and it's gonna be $4,100.00. Reach out to Jeep and Chrysler and I'm told "that's to bad" there's nothing we can do to help you. Has anyone had any good outcomes in a similar situation?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Damn. It should be a lot cheaper to have a local shop do the work, prob half or less if you source the head from the junk yard ?

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,398 Posts
That and a 0302 code is more than likely a plug, coil or most likely, a plugged injector. I'd get a 2nd opinion and not from a dealer.

And to your point, its actually JeepCaresLess after warranties expire. Either stand behind your product or dont. And they dont. #plasticoilcooler

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm new to Jeep's, I have a 2012 JKU and have found that Google can be helpful... Based on my Google search for "2012 Jeep P0302 code" it sounds like the P0302 error code is pretty common.

Included is one suggestion found on Google which seems like a pretty simple and inexpensive start...

"How do I fix error code P0302?

What repairs can fix the P0302 code?

1. Replacing spark plugs that are defective or damaged.
  2. Replacing spark plug wires that are damaged.
  3. Replacing coil pack wires that are damaged.
  4. Replacing EGR valves or tubes if they are clogged.
  5. Replacing valves that are burned.
  6. Repairing any vacuum leaks."
You might also check on YouTube.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hate to sound like a dikc, but maybe you shoulda bought the 11/151 plan. Can’t expect the mfg to honor something that is now expired. A contract is a contract. Now, would it be cool if they did? sure. But not a reason to chit on them imho.
Troy

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
If I'm the dealer's service manager I give you the repair for $3100. That cuts my profit and shows some goodwill at the same time.

The timing certainly sucks but you have no contract with Jeep for repair services. That's the law. You paid Jeep for a service over a period of performance and gave them money. That's a contract. If you believe that your service period has a grace period after the period of performance that would have to be written into the contract. The four corners of that contract cover the conditions of performance period.

You might feel like that's not fair but surprise, life is not fair. There is nothing anywhere that says life is fair, it's a lie that's been sold to fools in school for too long. No amount of government oppression can make life fair.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
If the contract was for 10 years and 2 weeks, you would be covered. But it's not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts