Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Jeep CEO Mike Manley showed off the product plan chart this morning at the FCA press conference. New Wrangler coming in 2017, Compass and Patriot replaced by a single vehicle in 2016, all-new Grand Cherokee in 2017 and GRAND WAGONEER in 2018. GC will get a refresh next year ahead of the new model.

Also of note, Jeep wants to push global sales from 350k units to 800k units.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

Jeep CEO Mike Manley showed off the product plan chart this morning at the FCA press conference. New Wrangler coming in 2017, Compass and Patriot replaced by a single vehicle in 2016, all-new Grand Cherokee in 2017 and GRAND WAGONEER in 2018. GC will get a refresh next year ahead of the new model.

Also of note, Jeep wants to push global sales from 350k units to 800k units.
Very interesting...

I definitely agree with combining the Compass and Patriot into one vehicle. With the launch of the Renegade that would make three vehicles that would be similar in size and cost.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I know its the CEO, but I will believe 2017 when I see them rolling off the assembly line in August of 2016.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Note the chart shows a mid-cycle refresh of the Wrangler Q3 2017 not a completely new one which tells me some "stuff" will carry over..

·
Registered
448 Posts
I know its the CEO, but I will believe 2017 when I see them rolling off the assembly line in August of 2016.
According to the chart (which appears to be by calendar year) Late summer 2017 a refreshed Wrangler will arrive as a 2018 model??

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
According to the chart (which appears to be by calendar year) Late summer 2017 a refreshed Wrangler will arrive as a 2018 model??
Thanks for the correction. I was, wrongly, reading the years as model years.

I would more believe a new Wrangler for 2018.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
It's already been discussed multiple times here. The Wrangler ALWAYS sticks to a 10 year plan. 87-96 they sold YJs. 97-06 they sold TJs. 07-16 they'll sell JKs. '17 is the new Wrangler which is going to debut at auto shows in 24 months from now. Get ready...it's going to be crazy with all these CAFE, pedestrian safety, and crash standards coming into play for all vehicles now.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Note the chart shows a mid-cycle refresh of the Wrangler Q3 2017 not a completely new one which tells me some "stuff" will carry over..
The JK already had one mid-cycle refresh (new interior, etc) back in 2011.

Possibly, Jeep tried and tried, but couldn't come with a new design that was actually better, so they're keeping the JK and just doing more tweaks????:tomatoes:

·
Super Moderator
9,602 Posts
So what exactly is the point of this whole thread?? There's at least a 1/2 dozen threads just like this! Death of the Wrangler, IFS on next wrangler, blah blah blah!
Like anyone has any control over what Chrysler does with Jeep. Worry about something you have no control over is just wasted energy...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The point of this whole thread is this is the official word from Jeep as of today rather than mindless speculation and conjecture. I thought the entire point of a forum was sharing information, especially credible information. Am I wrong?

And who is worrying? Did you even read the thread before you went BLAH BLAH BLAH? No one is worrying or panicking or even saying the sky is falling.

So what exactly is the point of this whole thread?? There's at least a 1/2 dozen threads just like this! Death of the Wrangler, IFS on next wrangler, blah blah blah!
Like anyone has any control over what Chrysler does with Jeep. Worry about something you have no control over is just wasted energy...

·
Registered
448 Posts
You will see a similar wrangler (solid axle) with possibly more aluminum being used in the frame and suspension to save weight and the 8 speed, diesel etc. for better mileage

·
Registered
318 Posts
It's already been discussed multiple times here. The Wrangler ALWAYS sticks to a 10 year plan. 87-96 they sold YJs. 97-06 they sold TJs. 07-16 they'll sell JKs. '17 is the new Wrangler which is going to debut at auto shows in 24 months from now. Get ready...it's going to be crazy with all these CAFE, pedestrian safety, and crash standards coming into play for all vehicles now.
YJs were 87-95 FWIW

Also this thread is less pointless than many other similar threads because it has actual content about new models of Jeep from the CEO himself. The rest are wild speculation. Way to go OP, great info. I'm very interested to find out about that Grand Wagoneer also...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Came out of Forbes this morning

"Following the launch this year of the tiny Jeep Renegade, the brand plans to introduce a new compact SUV in 2016, replacing the current Patriot and Compass models, and refresh the newly introduced mid-sized Cherokee. In 2017, a new Wrangler and Grand Cherokee will debut, followed in 2018 by a new top-of-the-line, three-row Grand Wagoneer."

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I agree, this is a good thread, since it's credible information straight from the source. I was going to post it as well, but zerinS4 beat me to it! :)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
thanks for the update

·
Registered
448 Posts
In 2011 I bought a loaded Ford Edge which was referred by Ford as "new". In reality everything but the doors and roof was upgraded. Some powertrain stuff was also upgraded. In the interior the dash was new, door pannels as well as the seats. I think the mileage even went up from the 2010 version. So when marketing types use the term "new" you have to be careful.

From Automotivenews.com

Jeep plans to re-engineer the 2018 Wrangler SUV, cutting its weight and improving its aerodynamic and powertrain efficiency. Manley promised that the Wrangler will retain its off-road prowess despite the changes.

·
Registered
397 Posts
2017 makes sense. They seem to go in ten year cycles in a year ending in 7. JK was 2007 so next big redo would be 2017.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.