Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would think it would make more sense to do it on 2016 because of the whole anniversary and seeing how the wrangler more or less started the company.. Anyway I'm sure they'll have some sort of special edition out for that year

·
Registered
276 Posts
350hp 6cyl would make me happy if it's like the ford ecoboost motor and 4500-5k tow rating.
Proper gearing because they know 75 percent of jeepers go w bigger tires 3.73 ratio should be the lowest 4.20 standard area option 4.75 area ratio especially if 7-8spd

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
350hp 6cyl would make me happy if it's like the ford ecoboost motor and 4500-5k tow rating.
Proper gearing because they know 75 percent of jeepers go w bigger tires 3.73 ratio should be the lowest 4.20 standard area option 4.75 area ratio especially if 7-8spd
Maybe 75% of Jeepers on this forum go with bigger tires....but I think a large amount stay stock....especially newer Wrangler owners.

But that also depends on where you live as well.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was thinking about mud splatter decals.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I would think it would make more sense to do it on 2016 because of the whole anniversary and seeing how the wrangler more or less started the company.. Anyway I'm sure they'll have some sort of special edition out for that year
Would you want to roll out a new design on the anniversary or stick to the one that you know sells

And most of jeep people knew there would a new design in 2017 just because of the 10 thing , I bet you could find that same picture back in 2008

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Sinister's probably bent because he's probably had to merge a half a dozen of these types of threads already, so cut the mods some slack.

However, this is actual REAL info, not bulls__t from someone's blog.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I think this thread is actually worthwhile - hearing it from the CEO is a heck of a lot different than some speculation on random websites like we get every day about the diesel, 8 speed, IFS, all that business.

That said, I am pretty happy with my current Jeep and I don't really see a huge reason to get excited about something that is going to happen in 2017. But, that's just me and some people really like to stay on top of the new model releases and such. This is good info.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Maybe 75% of Jeepers on this forum go with bigger tires....but I think a large amount stay stock....especially newer Wrangler owners.

But that also depends on where you live as well.
My thoughts exactly... The market for wranglers is huge the percent of Wrangler owners that actually need to consider lower gearing is relatively small when you look at total sales volumes. These forums simply make it seem like most owners go with bigger tires when in the real world most stay stock.
I would love to see them offer more gearing options but due to EPA and government emission regulations I can't see them doing it, How many other vehicles nowadays can you get factory 4.10 gears???

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
That means the new Wrangler will be a MY2018.

Look at the chart, the new Cherokee is in the 2013 range but it is a MY2014 and Renegade is in the 2014 range but we know it is a MY2015.

New Wrangler models are started (built) in July of any given year so that means the new Wrangler will be available fall of 2017 as a 2018.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Would you want to roll out a new design on the anniversary or stick to the one that you know sells And most of jeep people knew there would a new design in 2017 just because of the 10 thing , I bet you could find that same picture back in 2008
Yep and then suddenly it will be "The new jeep sucks and only JK's are "real" jeeps. It's a never ending cycle.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
My thoughts exactly... The market for wranglers is huge the percent of Wrangler owners that actually need to consider lower gearing is relatively small when you look at total sales volumes. These forums simply make it seem like most owners go with bigger tires when in the real world most stay stock.
I would love to see them offer more gearing options but due to EPA and government emission regulations I can't see them doing it, How many other vehicles nowadays can you get factory 4.10 gears???
I believe you can get 4.30's in the Super Duty trucks.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yep and then suddenly it will be "The new jeep sucks and only JK's are "real" jeeps. It's a never ending cycle.
Looking at the stuff they're releasing, that comment has a better chance of being true than ever before! :hide:

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Bump....for the sake of not having to close another thread.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Came out of Forbes this morning "Following the launch this year of the tiny Jeep Renegade, the brand plans to introduce a new compact SUV in 2016, replacing the current Patriot and Compass models, and refresh the newly introduced mid-sized Cherokee. In 2017, a new Wrangler and Grand Cherokee will debut, followed in 2018 by a new top-of-the-line, three-row Grand Wagoneer."
I have to say I'm also excited to see the new Grand Wagoneer. I love the old woody ones.
Jeep is doing big things.
Excited...

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
So what exactly is the point of this whole thread?? There's at least a 1/2 dozen threads just like this! Death of the Wrangler, IFS on next wrangler, blah blah blah!
Like anyone has any control over what Chrysler does with Jeep. Worry about something you have no control over is just wasted energy...

Really, you can say that again ... if they want to make an impact, it's not going to happen here.

Start sending letters to Chrysler, get involved in pre-market design studies - tell them what you want, even if the design needs to change to IFS and more safety related stuff added. I saw a new 2014 Toyota 4-Runner Trail the other day that made me look twice. It was lifted about 2 inches with Icon Coilovers. I'd jump in a heatbeat ... not that owning a Toyota eliminates problems, I'm hoping my new 2013 Jeep will last until 2018 without major issues, if it becomes a problem child - its gone.

Maybe that's the message we need to send to Chrysler - get the design, quality and reliability act together and build a vehicle that doesn't need new heads, radiators, heater cores, water pumps and oil pumps before it hits 10,000 miles.

Hell, they can't even design a crossover that works for the Alpine system front tweeter... our WF member Pressurized needed to fix that for them.

Who is Chrysler Jeep employing these days? Obviously not Pressurized.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If anything, I would expect exactly the opposite, because I am betting the percentage is closer to 10% then 75%. Its more important for them to satisfy the bigger crowd, and save gas for CAFE, then it is to feed the few hardcore fans. They can always have a high end model like a Rubicon Heavy Duty or something, or just build limited edition models that they can control output of, but the main goal will be to maximize sales and stay within CAFE.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
YJs were 87-95 FWIW
But they built and sold them into '96 also. They on paper purposefully skipped the '96 model year so they could call the TJ a '97 model and stick to the schedule...further making my point that the next Wrangler will be a '17 model.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
But they built and sold them into '96 also. They on paper purposefully skipped the '96 model year so they could call the TJ a '97 model and stick to the schedule...further making my point that the next Wrangler will be a '17 model.
If it comes out 2nd quarter of 2017, they are going to call it a 2018. They want to report strong sales of a new model, and and will get it by adding 9 months to the model year instead of subtracting 3.

The Cherokee should be evidence enought that Fiat is willing to break tradition.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.