Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Maybe 75% of Jeepers on this forum go with bigger tires....but I think a large amount stay stock....especially newer Wrangler owners.

But that also depends on where you live as well.
Good points. I like solid axles for simplicity and ruggedness even though I don't want big tires and lift.

Maybe for the next gen Wrangler, Jeep could differentiate more with the Rubicon/ Willys Wheeler bloodline and keep solid axles for the truly trail oriented Jeeps? Of course that would prob push prices up. Not good.

Lots of good ideas here; hopefully someone in market research at Jeep reads this forum.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Wow these threads make me laugh so much , you guys are talking about a jeep that is at least 3 to 4 years away from now most of the people who even posted in this tread won't have their jeep anymore by then

And who really cares you don't have a say in what jeep is going to do and it's 3 years away

Ps did you hear about the 2025 wrangler it's supposed to fly but it won't have solid axles damn jeep

·
Registered
47 Posts
Personally I wouldn't buy any Toyota for any reason. They are notorious for rushing their vehicles out to market then having to do recall after recall to fix numerous problems. Not the kind of vehicle that I want to drive or let my family drive.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've had a Toyota Tacoma and it was OK, but not built for a work truck.
Ford truck quality surpasses Toyota IMO.
No I would not buy a Wrangler copy made by Toyota.
I think I would give an FJ a go if it was closer to what it originally was - a Jeep copy. Have to be short wheelbase, 4x4 with a removable top.

I can honestly say if Ford EVER made that updated Bronco based on the first gen, my Wrangler would be gone or at least moved back to limited duty. I love my Jeep, but that Bronco is sweet!

I think one of the reasons Jeep is doing so well now is all the other manufacturers got rid of their truck based, rugged 4x4 SUVs. An Explorer is NOT a Bronco or Bronco II. Saying it serves the same space is like saying the new Cherokee could replace the JK Wrangler. The manufacturers just don't get it

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
^ Just have to keep in mind that all new technologies were once regarded like that... Disc brakes? God help ya when those need work! Fuel injected? Thats gonna cost a fortune to maintain. Turbocharging is only for race cars! Electric fuel pump in the tank? Madness, you're going to explode!

As it becomes mainstream and everyone has to equip themselves to fix it, the prices normalize. You can even watch it trickle down... 20 years ago aluminum body and suspension parts were reserved for supercars. Tons of sub-$30k cars already have aluminum body and suspension components.

Carbon fiber is next. Pretty much a supercar material now, but it will start showing up in mainstream cars within 10 years.
Disposable cars. The slightest body damage and you're totalled.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Disposable cars. The slightest body damage and you're totalled.
How could that be? Land Rover has made aluminum body 4x4's for decades and they are numerous old models that are highly coveted and still providing service.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Good info guys. 2018?? ok so not anytime soon, lol

I recently bought a 2014,so not really in the market anyways.

I hope they do it right and stay with tradition.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
How could that be? Land Rover has made aluminum body 4x4's for decades and they are numerous old models that are highly coveted and still providing service.
They're highly coveted because they're relatively rare, and they were expensive when new (remember, it's considered a premium brand). When you deal with brittle (as carbon fiber can be, and fiberglass is), or soft metal (like aluminum) it's often more expensive to repair. You can get a fender replaced and painted all at a body shop on most cars for less than the price of the cheap Chinese knock-off brand fender for my fiberglass Vette. To do the job properly sends the price through the roof.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nobody knows…..but here is my prediction. The Jeep engineers are already committed to independent suspension but are working (perhaps in collaboration with AEV) on a kit that makes reasonable (but still expensive) conversions possible. The solution to the irresistible push of gov standards vs. heavy duty off road performance of the past is to compromise where they have to in the performance in the standard vehicle but to provide in the new design the provisions for aftermarket upgradeability.

Our fear is that the new Jeep will be compromised in the search for light weight, better mpg, greater mass market appeal and lower cost of manufacturing. Hopefully, they realize that a lot of us were never satisfied with the factory product anyway and are always itching to get on with more parts to "build". For one, I'm already 600 pounds over curb weight!

When 2017 -2018 rolls around I am planning to trade in my 2012 and start my "new build". Al lot of TJ owners were very skeptical in 2003 thru 2007. Jeep delivered a winner then. This time around it will be harder (and probably a lot more expensive for the add-on parts) but not impossible for them to get the basic platform right. We will all certainly have to see the final product, but for one, I am on the optimistic side.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Personally I wouldn't buy any Toyota for any reason. They are notorious for rushing their vehicles out to market then having to do recall after recall to fix numerous problems. Not the kind of vehicle that I want to drive or let my family drive.
My Tacoma is a 99 and my Jeep is a 2013. If the Jeep wasn't under warranty, the price of repairs has already exceeded that of the 15 year old Tacoma.

I'd never say any brand is perfect, and I love my Jeep, but its borderline comical to say Jeep builds a better vehicle. The only one that was probably worse than Jeep was Fiat. lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
you all are hysterical... i needed a good giggle or three.. there are way too many forums on this site for JK's for one person to keep track of. Good Lord. it's nice tho, to see that there are SO many Jeepers out in the world :)

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
smitty-central

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not seeing the big deal

isn't that the car place who fixes them up and try to sell them for 80k+
Not sure if it is, or isn't.. big deal? Didn't ask for anyone to slobber over it..just thought it was pretty cool and know there are way serious Mod fans who might have appreciated it.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Not sure if it is, or isn't.. big deal? Didn't ask for anyone to slobber over it..just thought it was pretty cool and know there are way serious Mod fans who might have appreciated it.
Actually, the way serious mod fans are the ones that won't like it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually, the way serious mod fans are the ones that won't like it.
could be ~ but there are some mods on it that some might like. WTH.. i posted it to share, cause I THOUGHT perhaps there might be someone out on this that would like it.
whoa.. this is the first time i've spent any more than a few mintues in this room and so far, it's definitely not the warmest room of the forum. not everyone likes the same thing, and even though this isnt for me personally, or my style, I shared it - call it what you will: a distraction, hey look at that, hmm~ kinda cool but not for me.. whatever. no reason for anyone to be basically impertinent.

·
Registered
123 Posts
could be ~ but there are some mods on it that some might like. WTH.. i posted it to share, cause I THOUGHT perhaps there might be someone out on this that would like it.
whoa.. this is the first time i've spent any more than a few mintues in this room and so far, it's definitely not the warmest room of the forum. not everyone likes the same thing, and even though this isnt for me personally, or my style, I shared it - call it what you will: a distraction, hey look at that, hmm~ kinda cool but not for me.. whatever. no reason for anyone to be basically impertinent.
Thanks for sharing and please feel welcome in every thread you post on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here you go then , have fun loving jeeps built by sellers
Starwood Motors | Inventory | New & Pre-owned Dealer
Still don't see the big deal with them
Jaker JK...apparently you Just skimmed by my post completely...and made assumptions, albeit it false as if you had read it you would've seen where I said it was just for "funsies"...and that it wasn't my personal taste, but I shared it in case someone say liked the tow set up, or the doors. Last time I checked Cali ppl.were more fun and less sarcastic. You've officially made me dislike this particular section of this overall forum..congrats... and oh..btw, you're welcome. I spent several years in the military just so you could have freedom to speak your mind, even if it was rude.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.