Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went offroading in water almost up to my engine line because thats what the dealer said I could do. I just read the recent post about not going through water above my differentials, and well, I did that and much more. The only thing is I rolled out of there with no problem and that was about 3 months ago. Should I check my differentials or transmission to see if they have any water in them?

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Each and every time you go through water that covers your differentials just as the owner's manual reccommends.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
do jk's have breather tubes on the diff? and how are the axles/axle sleeves set up?

I would check it up, not worry too much. unless you were sitting under water for a while, there wont be too much of a problem. IMO.

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
also extend your vent lines, my t-case and front diff lines are up in the engine bay ,, to the top of the fire wall, rear diff vent line is all the way up inside the tail light housing.

·
Registered
34,142 Posts
Breather Tubes Extended: Front diff, transmission, & T-Case. The rear diff is in my right tail light.

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Breather Tubes Extended: Front diff, transmission, & T-Case. The rear diff is in my right tail light.

Are those check valves on the ends? Good idea if so.
The more I read about and see this modification the more I want to do it.
-if for no other reason than to not have to worry about it in the future.

Good stuff folks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Strider, you were talking about check valves, what are those, b/c I'm thinking of extending my breathing tubes probably this month?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts