Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what products people use to clean all the different parts of their jeeps? Specifically the white underside of the freedom top, and road grease stuck to the paint?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im actually taking my jku into the detailer tomarrow. ill snoop around and look at some labels. Im also going to try that new product that restores black plastic parts. Will get back to you with any feedback.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Wash soap: meguires
Prewax: mothers
Wax:meguires gold glass
Post wax detailer: mothers
Tire cleaner: bleach-white
Tire shine:meguires
Fender treatment: mothers back to black
Fender wax: turtle wax ice
Wax in winter: turtle wax wax as you dry(it's just too cold to do a full wax in the winter)

I don't wash the inside of the freedom top much. I use 409 tho when I do. For road tar I use goof off. Same thing for tree sap. It's a solvent tho so I always do this immediately before my wash and scrub the area good to get it all off then wax over it

Some people say jeeps are meant to be dirty. I love mine dirty but if I don't have time to get it dirty I want it to look good and shiny. Plus wax helps prevent trail scratches

Reactions: fast5thgen

·
Registered
327 Posts
805lraquino74 said:
Im actually taking my jku into the detailer tomarrow. ill snoop around and look at some labels. Im also going to try that new product that restores black plastic parts. Will get back to you with any feedback.
If you are referring to Wipe New, I have used it and the stuff really works. And it last, unlike others that have to be applied many times.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I use a magic eraser on the inside of my freedom top.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
BadOleRoss said:
I use a magic eraser on the inside of my freedom top.
That's a good one that I've never heard of. Does it work well?

·
Registered
898 Posts
That's a good one that I've never heard of. Does it work well?
Works great. Whenever I handle my freedom tops there are always finger/hand prints left on the inside white area of the top. A simple magic eraser wipes them away.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Road grease or Paint from newly painted lines will come off with detailing clay if you do it within a day or so. The longer it sets, the harder it will be to come of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.