Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling out of the driveway and when i got at the first stop sign and put it in first it gives a really bad click, i tried starting in 2nd and 3rd and its the same result. i put it in 4high and it goes fine but there seems to be a click in the back which makes me think this is an axel issue.the clutch doesnt feel any different and the fact it works in 4high makes me believe its not the transmission. as soon as i hear the click i stop because it sounds that destructive. all advice is appreciated in trouble shooting this i got underneath and checked everything out and nothing seems out of place il post a video soon if i can

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also click seems like to nice of a word it sounds terrible, im gong out to look for play in the Ujoints now

·
Registered
583 Posts
Read my thread "loud pop", if you have the same symptoms then we have the samr problem which unfortunetly i dont have an answer still.

·
Registered
236 Posts
U can always start by taking your differential covers off to see if the ring & pinion and spider gears are all right look for metal @ bottom of pumpkin. Also check the u joints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts