Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend gave me one of these today. Anyone know anything about them? He owned a Jeep once and I am guessing that it might have come with as a promotional item. Would just like to learn more about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
A friend gave me one of these today. Anyone know anything about them? He owned a Jeep once and I am guessing that it might have come with as a promotional item. Would just like to learn more about it.
I looked Jeep Watch & Compass on the net and found one on Ebay with a compass on one side and attached, a stop watch opposite. Closed up it has a Jeep grill with headlights, COOL.

I have never owned one and didn't know this existed, if that is what you have. With that said, I have carried my compass from my very young, Boy Scout days, to today everywhere I have traveled.

Time and distance is all we have when we travel. Knowing where we are headed (direction) is more important than the time or the distance. Yea, we have the sun and stars but most people today can get really lost fast on a cloudy day or moonless night.

Remember too, GPS receivers are GREAT with electricity day or night but a compass runs all the time!

So he might have gotten that when he owned a Jeep or it might have remined him of a tool he could have used in the military too and just purchased it realizing it's value.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that's it. Photos added above

Reactions: H8SPVMT

·
Registered
660 Posts
I had a friend that once said they bought me a Jeep stopwatch. Turned out to be a calendar.

I like yours better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts