Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I give the Jeep 5*'s. Me and my fiancee were coming down our main road and well you can dipict the rest.. :doh:

I bought it on monday the 27th of december. I was okay after the accident, my fiancee had a bad case of whiplash.. The air bags deployed.. What does everyone think? Totalled? I hope not..

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot Deaf1 and Lawngnome..

I am not sure what all the items are worth that need to be fixed.. I have never been in a accident like this.. I know airbags are expensive to fix and thats where most of the cost would come from.. winshield cracked.. top is broke.. side rails broke, radiator was gone.. I am going to swing tommorow at the shop to see what all was damaged under the hood.. it sucks cuz now it shows the airbags deployed on the record if I were to ever get rid of it..

·
Registered
431 Posts
No problem, if you can post some pic's of the engine and let us know what you find out. I'm curious what they have to say. Too bad this happened so soon after you got it.

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
Sorry about the accident but glad that everyone is okay. Keep us posted on what they find.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lawngnome - will do.. I am curious to see if its damamaged under there.. The motor shut off right when we collided.. not sure if that means something..

JDsDream - Thanks a lot.. Will do.. I am interested in what they will find out to..

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Glad your Jeep did it's job and protected you both. I've never known a situation where the airbags deployed and the vehicle wasn't totalled... Insurance will buy you a new one, and you can get all the stuff you didn't know you wanted on this one... :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
In my experiences, a lot of the times when the airbags deploy the vehicle gets totaled. also in my experiences, you should hope that it gets totaled out. I had a 2000tj that was hit and not totaled (airbags did not deploy). the car was repaired and looked as good as before it got hit. I sold it anyway and am glad I did. I've seen the person I sold it to driving it around and it has not aged gracefully.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I not being a hater but I hope it gets totalled also.. I know any vehicle with accident back ground like that will depreciate value of a vehicle big time.. I love that jeep so much even though I have only owned it for a couple weeks.. If I do have to get a new vehicle I will be getting a new jeep big time because it kept me and my fiancee safe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Glad you are ok. You can look into a loss of value claim with you or their insurance company if they don't total it. I've heard of people doing this but I never knew if it was successfully done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
glad you are ok my guess would be totaled. monitor it on your insurance companies website they will usually post the repair estimate whith the total cost and also a full list of parts that need replacing. usually if the repair cost is equal to or more than 75% of vehicles total value then they will total it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wow, sorry for the wreck especially after being so new. As stated earlier- Airbags deploy usually means totaled. If that is the case then you can get all the stuff you wished you had gotten on this one.
So we see your Jeep but == what the heck did you hit? A semi? I ask because the hit seems high on the grill & hood but no apparent damage to the bumper. Any pics of the other vehicle and what shape is it in?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks countrybumpkin I will def keep a look at that.. I will be swinging by the repairing place tommorow.. The accident happen this morning.. Well sunday morning.. lol

Jeepnpr - yea it sucks big time.. I loved my Jeep and will def be getting a new one if its deemed totalled.. I hit a older Ford F-150.. I hit right behind his driver side door where the gas tank is.. We crushed his panel and ripped his wheel on the back completely off.. There was no break marks.. I had no time to react, I tried to swerve but it was too late..

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
If it's not totalled, part of your settlement should include a check made out to you for diminished value. My wife's MINI Cooper was rear-ended several years ago; not only did the offender's insurance pay to have it restored at the most expensive shop in Atlanta, but they cut me a check for $2,000 for the loss of value.
Fight for this; it is your right under current US law ---- the percentage varies by state though.
Their first offer was $200 and I hung up on them.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts