Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out chasing deer on Saturday and returned to my Jeep and it started right up just like every other time. After a couple of seconds I heard a "snap" from under the dash and she shut right off. I tried starting it back up, but it would not fire. It is getting fuel and cranking, but isn't getting any spark. It sounds to me like I popped a fuse, but can't find one that is blown. Is there a fuseable link or something in the ignitian system somewhere? Also, when I cranked it for a while I started smelling something cooking under the dash. Anyone have any suggestions before I start chasing wires?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
hate to say it but it sounds like your going to have to go chase wires around. With the howell TBI are there still any vacum lines the might be causing and issue?

·
Registered
125 Posts
An old thread, but I was changing my alternator n hear a pop from firewall (arced hot wire) now I have no spark. Changed fuses to alt, crank sensor,can sensor, coil, just can't get spark. Thinking I popped a fuesable link, don't know were to look. Have hanes manual, not alot of help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts