Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to town from my friends house, picked up her kids. They talked me into going the back roads home. It was muddy so I was why not get some mud on her. About halfway back the jeep dies. It acted like it ran out of gas but I just filled up 30 miles earlier. I had her brother tow it back to the house. After checking all fuses I realize I don't hear the fuel pump coming on with the key. I crawled under the jeep to get a better listen when I found the fuel line going up the transfer case. I pulled it away, ran my hand down the line on top of the tank and found it bent at 90* , unbent the line. Jeep started. I zip tied the fuel line to the wire harness going along the frame so I can finish my trip. Bad part is I'm going to be out of warranty by time I'm home.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Hmm...out of warranty? Are you referring to a few miles?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how many yet since in still on vacation. Im at 34k now and I'm about 2k from home

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Not sure how many yet since in still on vacation. Im at 34k now and I'm about 2k from home
Go to a dealer local to where you are now and have them document/diagnose the problem. Get a copy of the documentation in writing. You won't need to wait for them to fix it.

This will allow you to get it fixed at home slightly after the 36k mark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 rhd with 13000 miles on it . It's been in the Chrysler dealership since July 6 2013. Today is July 29 2013 and Its still in the shop ! This is the second time it's been there for the same problem cam shaft phasers they think ??? Anyone else having this kind of trouble?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is this even a warranty situation? I'm just curious as its not a defect or caused by workmanship or faulty part this was due to a limb or object bending the fuel line.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never taken it off a dirt road. No sticks or anything on the roads. Just the typical gravel road. So I would think it is covered

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I decided my time is worth more than having to play a warranty game by going over mileage. The good news is the fuel line is $30. I'll just replace it myself when the part comes in.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Glad it's only a $30 repair. That's not too bad!

I hope you had a great time in Charleston, and visiting your family! :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
A steel line was bent on top of the tank? That had to be from the factory. Please post pictures when you do the repair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts