Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 jeep TJ - I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor twice -cam shaft sensor -automatic shut down relay and it still randomly dies. Runs perfect up until it dies, no shuttering, misses, or stalling, just dies. Can cycle the key after 30 seconds to a minute and it starts right up.
Might run all day and not do it but when it starts it might do it 5 time in 20 minutes. Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I would try replacing the throttle position sensor (TPS) and see if that fixes your issue. Also clean your IAC while you are working in that area.

:)

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I have a 2002 jeep TJ - I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor twice -cam shaft sensor -automatic shut down relay and it still randomly dies. Runs perfect up until it dies, no shuttering, misses, or stalling, just dies. Can cycle the key after 30 seconds to a minute and it starts right up.
Might run all day and not do it but when it starts it might do it 5 time in 20 minutes. Any ideas??
Check your fuse/relay box in the engine compartment, there should be 2 bolts holding a plate down onto the box on the inside, if those bolts are loose the engine can shake the plate off the box and cause you to instantly lose power and shutdown the engine.

This most likely wont be what is going on, but its a good idea to check because it had happen to me after I forgot to tighten those bolts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replaced the TPS and cleaned the IAC - also replaced the crankshaft sensor for the 3rd time. Drove about 10 miles started dying again. I let it sit about an hour no more dying. It dawned on me that every time I have dying issues is when I turn on the cruise or use the cruise. Can the cruise being on or using the cruise cause complete engine loss if something is wrong with it? When it dies, I can always cycle the key and it starts right back up. About to drive me nuts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts