Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler 2 door 6-spd. In the beginning it started cutting off while driving only did it about twice for awhile and I was like oh well if it doesn't do it again what's the harm? Okay now it started not cranking, will turn over and over but not start. Then it started dying while idling. It'll barely crank before dying after a couple of seconds. It's gotten worse and worse. Can't seem to find the issue. I've gotten my check engine light checked and it's just emission codes. Please help I don't know what it could be. I've found one wire on the front of the motor behind the belt that seems to be exposed perhaps it could cause a short, (read that in a similar post and it fixed his issue)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just tightened up battery connections, no clue how old the battery is it was on the jeep when I bought it. Fuel is clean should be. .. however what is water in line?

·
Super Moderator
9,578 Posts
Just tightened up battery connections, no clue how old the battery is it was on the jeep when I bought it. Fuel is clean should be. .. however what is water in line?
Test battery for voltage. Bad gas will/can have excessive water, or condensation occurs in the tank, especially if you deal with high and low day temperatures. Add a bottle of HEET to your tank. The water freezes in the small gas lines from tank to engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts