Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is stick on. Alot of people have removed it by running fishing line behind it. If you are going to plasti dip it I would just tape off around it and spray it with it still on. The plasti dip will peel off perfectly around it, although you may have to use a toothpick to get it out fron inside the "P".

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I over spray and get it on paint it will come off? I've never used plasti dip. I just have chrome mopar parts and I want them black. How well does that stuff hold up on chrome?

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you tape well enough you shouldn't have to worry about overspray. It helps do it in an enclosed are or when it is not windy (I know this from experience lol). If you do get some it'll usally just ball up if you go over it with a soft cloth or you can use some goof off which will take it right off.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You can heat it with a hair dryer to help loosen it up. Can also use dental floss behind it. And you can order a black one from Amazon.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you tape well enough you shouldn't have to worry about overspray. It helps do it in an enclosed are or when it is not windy (I know this from experience lol). If you do get some it'll usally just ball up if you go over it with a soft cloth or you can use some goof off which will take it right off.
Thanks for the help man. Any recommendations on brand of plasti dip?

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's been about 3 months since I did my door hinges, windshield cowl and emblems and its still holding up strong, and thats with going through automatic car washes...just in case you were wondering about durability.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just finished plasti dipping my chrome gas door and tail light guards. Turned out awesome, very satisfied. I'll post pics soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts