Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for references to a Jeep expert in Colorado -- someone to help inspect a JK for mechanical issues that are beyond the visibly obvious things like leaking seals. Basically looking for a Jeep whisperer that can identify bigger and more costly issues like main crank bearings, heads, etc. Does anyone have leads on mechanics that are so tuned into the Jeep JK, they are able to identify potentially looming problems?

I haven't driven enough of the JK's to figure out what vibrations are normal, signs of bigger failures looming, etc. But am onto a unit that seems mostly square, aside a mysterious 24k mile rear main seal replacement (in another thread), including a slightly odd vibration at idle (even when warm).

Any references would be greatly appreciated -- I'm looking for the person, anywhere form Colorado Springs to Fort Collins, who knows Jeep mechanicals well enough to determine if the unit I'm looking at is a good personal financial divestment...

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,410 Posts
Northridge4x4 would be a good conversation to have. Parts on hand, nice facility, experienced guys.

Northridge4x4 - Colorado
Address: 2300 E 77th Ave #500, Denver, CO 80229
Phone: (720) 213-0114

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Northridge4x4 would be a good conversation to have. Parts on hand, nice facility, experienced guys.

Northridge4x4 - Colorado
Address: 2300 E 77th Ave #500, Denver, CO 80229
Phone: (720) 213-0114
They closed :(

Try calling SOS inspections. He’ll give it a thorough inspection and give you a report. He saved me a big repair on a used vehicle I was buying; the dealer fixed it as part of the sale n

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
73,723 Posts
Reactions: Lloydrage

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,410 Posts
They closed :(

Try calling SOS inspections. He’ll give it a thorough inspection and give you a report. He saved me a big repair on a used vehicle I was buying; the dealer fixed it as part of the sale n
Huh... I have an appt in March when I am up there again. Guess not.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Huh... I have an appt in March when I am up there again. Guess not.
We went by in early December and they said they were closing around 12/13. The manager/owner said he was moving to the Kentucky office. Maybe they changed their minds? You may want to call ahead.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,428 Posts
We went by in early December and they said they were closing around 12/13. The manager/owner said he was moving to the Kentucky office. Maybe they changed their minds? You may want to call ahead.
Nope, they're closed. Apparently, they couldn't find good management to run it is what my friend said. @TheWranglorian Chris at The Edge Automotive 4x4 is a stellar guy.

-Julia

·
Registered
839 Posts
We had a local jeep whisperer on the forum for awhile. He sold his Jeep and bought a corvette. He was a great guy and an amazing mechanic. I don't have contact with him anymore.

I've had my Jeep at The Edge Automotive before and they are good. The last I heard though, was that they were trying to get away from mechanic work and do builds. It would be worth checking out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the great info -- and I apologize for not noticing that there's a specific Colorado forum here. How cool, though!

Will check out all of these leads and greatly appreciate the info.

·
Registered
676 Posts

Well that explains why the last few things I ordered from them came from a UPS hub in Kentucky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts