Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What % rate has everyone financed for......I've been calling a few local places and the one place said financing as low a 2.24 so I applied there with credit in the mid 800 and they said I was approved for 2.99, was unsure why I got that and they said 2.24 is only if you finance 25,000 or more lol.....should I just go to the dealer and see if they can get me lower then 2.99.

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
chuckp said:
What % rate has everyone financed for......I've been calling a few local places and the one place said financing as low a 2.24 so I applied there with credit in the mid 800 and they said I was approved for 2.99, was unsure why I got that and they said 2.24 is only if you finance 25,000 or more lol.....should I just go to the dealer and see if they can get me lower then 2.99.
0%, but that was back in July.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For sure try the dealer. I was doing my financing negotiation over the phone between dealer and credit unions. Dealer started at 4.25%..it came down to 1.85% in a matter of 2 hrs when I called him back with some rates in 2.XX% range from some credit unions. I took the 1.85% from the dealer finally since I couldn't find any CU's offering below 2%. I took 24K and my credit score is in 750~770 range, lower than yours.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Jeep offers 0% for 36 months through Ally. If the 36 monthly payments are still too much, you should be able to stretch it out to 48 months in the very low 2%, or even less according to other contributors. There's nothing wrong with letting the dealer take a shot and compare. My rate went down while I was waiting at the dealer. The dealer quoted me a low rate, and another bank came in lower by the time I signed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
0% for 36 months thru Ally. Painful car payment but I don't do interest. Finance people will tell you if you can't afford to pay off your car in 36 months, buy less car.

But it's a Jeep, not a car, so that rule doesn't apply.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The difference of that last 0.75 percent is like $5 a month, if that. I got 3% from TD Bank and thats still only financing like an extra $1500 or so. Take the 2.99

·
Registered
633 Posts
I took 2.9% and $1000.00 cash back in August. Maybe I could have shaved a bit more off but I won't get too bent out of shape. 2.99% is ok and some places are even lower!!! I just refinanced out 2009 Volvo and got 2.44!!!! for 48 months!!!! Freekin amazing.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I did 1.9% for 72 months thru Ally

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally at the dealer in March 2011 they said 6.24% for 72 months w/ Ally Bank.
(Put down 11k. I only borrowed 16k but I'm 20 years old and have no credit. . . )
Switched to a credit union and now I have 5.290 %

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went with the 0% through Ally. To me that was a No-Brainer, although the payment is high. Since they are not charging me for the use of their money I feel good about it. This is on the purchase of a 2012 Sahara JKU, I even put the Tax on the loan all at 0%.
I also take advantage of items that are offered with No interest or charges for items for 1 year sales. I normally pay cash so as not to incur any finance charges this way I am just spreading out the Cash purchase. If I could only figure out how to do that with a Home Mortgage.
Lew

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't get this 0% finance thing. Why would anyone lend money for free ..unless, of course they are compensating for that on the base price of the car. So for all those who got 0%..I wonder what the price of the car was compared to the Invoice. I am just curious.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't get this 0% finance thing. Why would anyone lend money for free
Deal with Jeep and Ally to help sell them? Dunno but I like it.

So for all those who got 0%..I wonder what the price of the car was compared to the Invoice. I am just curious
1% below invoice and no processing fee. Maybe could have done better, maybe not. Good enough for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't get this 0% finance thing. Why would anyone lend money for free ..unless, of course they are compensating for that on the base price of the car. So for all those who got 0%..I wonder what the price of the car was compared to the Invoice. I am just curious.
I paid $900 under invoice for a 2012 Sport Unlimitted 3 weeks ago.
I suspect Chrysler is giving Ally a point or two.
Dan

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yep, that's how they make their money. There is a dealer in my area that even shows the 0% financed price right next to the regularly financed price on-line and the regularly financed price price is about $3000 lower, depending on the model and equipment.

You don't get anything for nothing! Check it out:

http://www.herbchamberschryslerjeep...isting&SBmake=Jeep&SBmodel=Wrangler+Unlimited

·
Registered
260 Posts
MarineHawk said:
0% for 36 Months through Ally. Got $1,500 below invoice and almost Bluebook for trade.
Below invoice? Or MSRP?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I got 4% below invoice. Dealer started at 3.75%. I said no way in hell. Set up financing through BofA instead and magically the dealer came down to 2.7%.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Cool. I have never heard of anyone coming down that low. I ordered mine. Maybe you would have better luck on one off the lot. I got 2% with my TL deal. 4% wasn't going to happen for me, that I am sure of. Good job!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts