Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a new jeep owner I got to enjoy a number of "jeep firsts" since we got our first snow. Finally had an excuse to throw it in four wheel drive yesterday, enjoyed smiling at the idiots around me sliding all over the place and even bagged a hummer on my way to work this morning, but you'll have to go over the "Hummer Hunting" thread to see proof of that. :)

All that being said I had the most enjoyable "jeep first" on my way to work this morning while driving up a hill. The roads were fine this morning, and I was already going about 10 mph over the speed limit when a jerk decides I might go even faster if he tailgates me so close he could give me a proctological exam as I'm driving up the hill. As I contemplate if I should just take my foot off the gas pedal or hit the brakes I have a flash back to reading on the forum about dealing with tailgaters after a snow when you own a soft top. I reach up and give my roof a little tap and quick shower of snow and ice cause my tailgating friend to reassess how close he should be driving to me. :wavey:

Damn I love my jeep even more right now!

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
:rofl: I always save a bit of snow on the top for those occasions. Hell, I may even add some back once it's all gone. Makes me feel a little '007 to have such a defense mechanism.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Yep, you definitely get tailgated more owning Jeeps. He might have just been admiring your Jeeps suspension and drive shafts, did that ever occur to any of you?!?!?

hehehehe

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
the hardtop is a lil harder to master but still doable..... the good thing it with the hard top it is usually a large sheet of ice.... they ALWAYS back off

·
Registered
175 Posts
the hardtop is a lil harder to master but still doable..... the good thing it with the hard top it is usually a large sheet of ice.... they ALWAYS back off
:rofl: i have done this many time :) good thing they top bends a bit :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Going to Tennessee in January. I'm going to try and "present" myself with an opportunity to do this!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts