Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing season is open and Im going to be installing rod holders on my jeep soon. I need some inspiration.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Watching....Thinking about doing something myself. Something not permanent that I can just strap or bolt onto my front bumper hoop. I just need something to hold a few light, pond rods while heading over the mountain trial to my buddy's pond. When we're all piled in the jeep there's no room for poles and tackle...

·
Registered
13 Posts
The guy that owned the jeep before me fabbed this up. Would be pretty simple to do with some scrap metal and it just bolts up over the tire using the spare mount.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats actually pretty cool. I gotta look into that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing...thx for the pic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My solution was to buy a removable basket and mount two Rod holders to it. All together maybe a $75 mod. Paid 50 for the basket at academy. It's the game winner one made for atvs. Then mounted the rod holders. Best part is now I have tons of room for the gear, rods, chairs, and all the other camping gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes but how did you mount the basket

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So from what i see, the 3 rod holders match perfectly to the bars. i really like that setup and i have a hitch already. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The top holes line up perfectly to drill and screw into. The bottom one not so much. I plan on adding some small black zip ties just in case but honestly the top holds them pretty good. I plan on replacing the cheap berkley holders with some metal ones eventually just haven't gotten to it yet. This was kind of a first attempt that worked out good for my purposes. Glad it could gel.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks awesome plus plastic doesn't rust and its lightweight. Looks like one of those expensive baskets from the big companies. Well done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks. I just bought the jeep a few weeks ago and sold my truck. I was worried about losing the bed space but the basket helped a lot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd be afraid my poles would blow out, I want to do something like this but not sure where to mount! Gonna be watching this thread!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I made one to haul my sons rods. It's made out of pvc and a few spare TV mounting brackets. It's 2 pieces: 1 bracket is mounted to the bumper and will stay on in the winter. The 2nd bracket is the one the holders are bolted into. That is attached to the 1st by 2 bolts. I run a bungee over the rods one in place, as it can hook into the holes in the brackets. Haven't lost one yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had this built a few months ago. It bolts in the rear seat brackets, really stout.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts