Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon everyone! In my spirited love for Jeeps and Aviation, I decided to join the two and make this thread. If you're a pilot, flying or not, say hello!

My name's Cam, I'm 19. I have both my PPL ASEL and Instrument Rating, currently doing my Commercial ASEL check ride. I hope to fly for the airlines (or corporate) one day. I've got time in the C172 M/Nav III, PA-28R, and a PA-28-140.

Introduce yourself, tell a story, go wherever the wind takes you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi! My name is Michelle and I am 19 as well! I don't have my PPL yet because of the cost and I want to get college out of the way first. Flying is only for fun and I'm studying to be an aerospace engineer.

My father has his PPL and I've been going with him since before I can remember. I usually fly a 172 with him, and we also have a friend that might lend us his Beechcraft Sundowner. I have flown a piper cub while away at school too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! My name is Michelle and I am 19 as well! I don't have my PPL yet because of the cost and I want to get college out of the way first. Flying is only for fun and I'm studying to be an aerospace engineer.

My father has his PPL and I've been going with him since before I can remember. I usually fly a 172 with him, and we also have a friend that might lend us his Beechcraft Sundowner. I have flown a piper cub while away at school too.
Where are you studying for AE? And I couldn't be more jealous about the cub. Can't wait to get into a tailwheel.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Morning all! I don't have a license yet, but I'm totally an Aviation Geek. Actually I work at Sikorsky in CT and I'm also studying at ERAU WW for my MAS. :wavey:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
:thumb: Masters Aeronautical Science, Human Factors for me. Working on a transition to flight test engineering position at work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nothing as cool as Embry Riddle, but I got my PPL in 1973 at 19 years old just taking lessons at a Cessna Pilot Center flying 150's. I joined the Air Force and became an aircraft mechanic. I also joined a base aero club and logged several hours in 172's. I flew recreational for several years, including time in some Cherokees. My last logbook entry was in 1981. Supporting my family became more important. By the time my kids grew up flying got very expensive so I never returned. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nothing as cool as Embry Riddle, but I got my PPL in 1973 at 19 years old just taking lessons at a Cessna Pilot Center flying 150's. I joined the Air Force and became an aircraft mechanic. I also joined a base aero club and logged several hours in 172's. I flew recreational for several years, including time in some Cherokees. My last logbook entry was in 1981. Supporting my family became more important. By the time my kids grew up flying got very expensive so I never returned. Maybe someday.
Your story is similar to my father's. He got his PPL before having children too. He wanted to own his own plane, but like you, chose kids. He rents through the flight school near where we live, but doesn't go as often as he likes due to the cost. After I graduate, I will buy him his own plane though! then maybe a new jeep.. :happyyes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Your story is similar to my father's. He got his PPL before having children too. He wanted to own his own plane, but like you, chose kids. He rents through the flight school near where we live, but doesn't go as often as he likes due to the cost. After I graduate, I will buy him his own plane though! then maybe a new jeep.. :happyyes:
I hear that story all too often! I used to love giving instruction and BFRs to guys that had been out of flying for years, due to cost, life, work, etc. I haven't instructed for a few years but I miss some parts of it... Currently flying (and managing) a few Citations for a company in MA.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hear that story all too often! I used to love giving instruction and BFRs to guys that had been out of flying for years, due to cost, life, work, etc. I haven't instructed for a few years but I miss some parts of it... Currently flying (and managing) a few Citations for a company in MA.
What model do you fly?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would've loved to learn back then. i hope you get the chance to get back into it one day. Thank you for your service. What airframe did you work on in the Air Force? If you don't mind me asking.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts