Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Highyly doubt im going to get an answer. But Im working on hooking up the power steering lines on my 92 YJ 350 swap. Its a 78 chevy pump and a 92 jeep gear box. Could anybody tell me which port is the high pressure port and which ones the low pressure? And if possible what is the thread size so i can buy a PS hose for the high side and the low side? Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
With the box mounted and you standing in front of the jeep looking at the grille the pressure side of the box is furthest left..The return is nearest the frame rail..... What i did for my V8 swap was,, I used the stock metal line off the box and a chevy astro van hose for my GM pump... I cut the end off the GM line and flared it.. Then flared the steel line off the box and connected the two with a union... Worked perfect and the line fits just as i wanted it..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Also for the hose, one of mine didn't spin good enough on the new box I installed so I tried to bend it and it kinked, Got a new one at a junk yard, although there was no Wranglers I took one off a Grand Cherokee that worked perfect and was a better hose :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the one to the left is the pressure line, its larger in diameter then the return line. Is there any high pressure lines that will fit without modification. I can deal with bending it and so on. I found a place 25 miles from my house that custom designs power steering hoses but they say i need existing fittings before they can make one up and they want 80 bucks. So if i could just get one that fits i would be very happy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i went to the junkyard today, after they told me that they didnt have any cherokees and i found 3. All of them had cut power steering lines. But all 3 had the fittings i needed for the gear box. So in the mean time i guess ill just connect the two and add fluid untill i can get the right hose made up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts