Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just out in the garage and looked at my Jeep and it looked like it had a slight lean to it. I know one of my fenders is bent down a little bit so i figured maybe that was just messing with my eyes but then it kept bothering me so I got my tape out and it has about a 1/4"-3/8" difference from passenger side to driver side (passenger side lower). Any thoughts? Fixes?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Multitude of things "could be"..... air pressure in tires, spring sag, ...and the one no one admits.....hauling to many fat girls. : )

·
Knows a couple things...
49,414 Posts
Probably caused by the right-rear coil spring sagging a tad which is common. The Jeep engine's torque naturally puts more load on the right-rear coil spring so it is common for that spring to sag a little before the other springs do. A 3/4" spacer on top of it would fix it.

My TJ does the same thing and so did my previous TJ. It's only a matter of time before it happens. :)

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. Air pressure is good (first thing I checked!), wouldn't think the springs would be sagging already. Just put in OME HD springs last spring (could be wrong) and as for the fat girls, usually I pass! haha I'll look into the spacers to see if that'll straighten her out. Thanks folks! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Had ome kit installed last year---Feb '11 ----to "cure" this issue. Still had this after--took back to installer/ dealer/ 4wd shop--expressed my lack of satisfaction as this was to be the fix. The shop agreed there was an issue, so we did put Pucks/spacers on to level it out---they ate the labor we split cost of pucks.

Am very happy with it overall.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
One thing to check... I noticed a right rear sag on my buddy's Jeep with a 4.5" lift. After looking closely at all the coils... we noticed the left front coil spring has twisted out of the holder on the axle pad.

We unloaded the front end and twisted the spring back into the holder and it corrected the sag.

This is just an idea that you might want to look at to be sure...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts