Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just got a new Jeep and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what hoist works best for hard tops. Also, how would you go about finding someone to install one? Thanks for your help. I am really excited to finally have a jeep!!

·
Administrator
17,005 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I researched a lot of these solutions for a while. Then I realized that I'll only be able to raise my top off by 3-4 inches due to the low ceiling height of my garage. I ended up just using some ratchet straps around some eye hooks in the rafters. Taking on and off doesn't take much longer than any of the more fancy solutions. About $19 for a 4-pack of straps and eye bolts.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I used the old mainsheet off my sailboat, and a couple of blocks from Home Despot. Copied the Harken system design. The PO already installed low-profile lifting eyes at the corners of the top. Good except the total friction in the system is too great. Forget Home Despot - look for used boat blocks at your local chandlery. Or if you don't have a suitable block and tackle system on hand, just buy the Harken system - it's not really that bad of a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts