Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i'm building a hoist for 2012 unlimited 4dr. I was wondering if people have any experience with whats better for actually lifting the top. J hooks or straps? I feel like j hooks with grab it better but leave marks over time. While the straps may be quicker to raise up i think it could damage the weather stripping. I know people say to use pool noodles so im hoping some people can give me better insight.

Thanks everyone!

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Hey everyone, i'm building a hoist for 2012 unlimited 4dr. I was wondering if people have any experience with whats better for actually lifting the top. J hooks or straps? I feel like j hooks with grab it better but leave marks over time. While the straps may be quicker to raise up i think it could damage the weather stripping. I know people say to use pool noodles so im hoping some people can give me better insight.

Thanks everyone!
The Lange Hoists we sell use J hooks so I think you should be just fine with them. Taking a look at their design may give you some more ideas on building yours! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Ryan

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I was planning on using straps so the back window would be able to close. I do not want that big piece of glass hanging out to catch on something.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
I used straps....mostly for stability, but I'm not sure if it matters (if one way is more stable than another).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts