Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my second post and after about an hour of looking for what I need, I decided to make a quick post. Apparently my Jeep is missing some cushion in my hood so I attached some pictures, also I was wondering what the missing screws for my grill area are. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
The 'cushion' is just insulation that helps it sound quieter maybe protect heat a bit on the hood. This is not included on my Sport, but on my wife's Sahara so I think it's an option.

The downside is it's tougher to clean the inside of your hood after a high water fording where the acc belts will sling it to the hood.

Don't need it - only put it on if you want to.

Unsure of the hood holes!

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Those two bolts are just to hold that body piece in place. You should be able to order them from a Jeep dealer, or take one from the other side to Ace Hardware and find a close match.

·
Registered
176 Posts
FWIW, I took my hood insulation off. It gets nasty after a while, and I see no reason to keep it there.

Reactions: Haust

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my second post and after about an hour of looking for what I need, I decided to make a quick post. Apparently my Jeep is missing some cushion in my hood so I attached some pictures, also I was wondering what the missing screws for my grill area are. Thanks!
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-cowl-grille-screw-6509190aa?origin=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjwnrjrBRAMEiwAXsCc42Gyq_aiYHUp9tdknGmkjWnTjYXCTeV3_kh9914GckSYqCydG3XY1BoCCqcQAvD_BwE

Cowl Grill screws :)

Or you can opt for some pricey stainless steel ones.

https://www.route66mods.com/product/jeep-jk-cowl-screws-8-pc-stainless-steel-set/

·
Registered
417 Posts
The hood silencer/insulation piece is part# 55361338AO. For $120 bucks I really don't feel like it adds any value whatsoever to the vehicle unless you're overly concerned with minute engine noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts