Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!! My 2013 wrangler has been in the shop for 10days and still no answer from my dealer. We know it electrical but that's it. Supposedly an engineer from jeep came took a data report and they awaiting findings. My patience is running out any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Why don't you post what it's in the shop for to start with?

Electrical how? The dome light won't shut off, or the engine dies when driving down the road?

·
Registered
116 Posts
To be frank, you are at their mercy. Just make sure u are being treated fairly. By fairly I mean: a loaner, reasonable communication from your service advisor or service manager. Keep in mind that this will most likely not be your only visit for repair at this dealer while owning your jeep. In my experience, you can use this to help develop a relationship with a service tech or your contact. Keep us updated on the issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Call the dealership everyday until they tell you what's going on. 10 days is huge ! Did they give you something else to drive or provide you a rental allowance? You should call the Chrysler area manger. Look on Chrysler website and go to service problems or area representatives. You need to go up the ladder and start emailing or talking to folks with more authority than your dealer.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Why don't you post what it's in the shop for to start with?

Electrical how? The dome light won't shut off, or the engine dies when driving down the road?
This would be a good start. I would think a loaner should be in order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for commenting... so electrical as in I was driving along the highway just fine and then the lights on the dash shut off came back on and every thing went hay wire! alarms going off and the jeep wouldn't go over 10mph! every possible alarm and light blinked from the tire pressure to it saying hot oil. The dealer did give me a loaner even though it is against their policy. They call me everyday to say no new news. I am just super frustrated. It is not even a year and half old and has been in the shop for the recall, at 3500miles the water pump had to be replaced, and
now this!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you all for commenting... so electrical as in I was driving along the highway just fine and then the lights on the dash shut off came back on and every thing went hay wire! alarms going off and the jeep wouldn't go over 10mph! every possible alarm and light blinked from the tire pressure to it saying hot oil. The dealer did give me a loaner even though it is against their policy. They call me everyday to say no new news. I am just super frustrated. It is not even a year and half old and has been in the shop for the recall, at 3500miles the water pump had to be replaced, and
now this!
I am literally sitting at the dealer right now getting the power steering lines replaced, and its a bone stock 2011 jk sport with 42000 kms, it just happens, but how could i
Drive anything else? Its my jeep!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Based upon the symptoms maybe the dealer should be looking at this: "If your Jeep's PCM fails, you can expect your vehicle to exhibit a variety of symptoms, including the Jeep running badly, error lights appearing on the dashboard and a fairly wide assortment of electrical problems".

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Based upon the symptoms maybe the dealer should be looking at this: "If your Jeep's PCM fails, you can expect your vehicle to exhibit a variety of symptoms, including the Jeep running badly, error lights appearing on the dashboard and a fairly wide assortment of electrical problems".
Pshaw...

As if a dealer mechanic would deign to Google for symptoms or answers. :nonono:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Regardless, she bought a new jeep and NO MATTER what the problem they should've addressed it in 10 days. They could've put a new motor in that time frame. Please call your Chrysler Service Rep. for your area. I hate seeing people getting the run-around by folks who should be taking care of you.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Pshaw...

As if a dealer mechanic would deign to Google for symptoms or answers. :nonono:
Maybe after 10 days without a solution the "mechanic" (technician) should consider an obvious common malfunction which matches the symptoms; unless you have a better suggestion for the OP who at this point has no idea when the vehicle will be coming back. Bad Powertrain Control Modules are a known issue. Is that the problem? No one on a forum can know for sure. However, it's obvious that the dealer doesn't know.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Could also be the particular dealer doesn't have the Electrical System mechanic in, out sick or they are between employees in the position. In any event they should be contacting Jeep HQ for advice on diagnostics.

When my old car died it took about 5 hours to figure out it was a voltage regulator, not any of the many computers under the hood. I really wondered howcum it took that long.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Regardless, she bought a new jeep and NO MATTER what the problem they should've addressed it in 10 days. They could've put a new motor in that time frame. Please call your Chrysler Service Rep. for your area. I hate seeing people getting the run-around by folks who should be taking care of you.
:thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a quick update on my Jeep, they replaced the TCM but that wasn't it!!! Over 2weeks without my jeep!! I miss her SOOOO much!!!! Another part was ordered and being FedEx today but I am not holding my breath!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
You should still contact Chrysler Customer Care and let them know your troubles. They connect a little higher up than the dealer and can get things rolling.

877-IAMJEEP (877-426-5337)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I gotta say- over two weeks is unreasonable. I'd definitely start calling higher up- sounds like a little urgency is needed on the dealer's part...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Final update...they are buying back my Jeep :( not sure all details but I do know I will never drive my Ruby again!!! :(

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Quick- order a new one. I think today is the final day to order 2014's.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Final update...they are buying back my Jeep :( not sure all details but I do know I will never drive my Ruby again!!! :(
Curious--did you ask them to buy it back or did they offer because they can't figure out the problem?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts