Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jkur has just 1300 miles. But I never had a vehicle before that made me wanna learn so much and take care of it. Anyhow...I haven't bothered looking at the owners Manuel yet (and have found the info on this forum better anyway!). I'd like to do a "once-over" on my jeep. Besides changing the oil, what are the list of things you'd recommend? I realize that, technically, nothing probably needs to be done now bc its so new and in stock form still (not for long!)...but I want to do it just as much for education purposes.

So, what are all the things to take care of/become familiar with? Every other vehicle I ever had I just drove and maybe changed the oil every once in a while. But dam...now that I have a jeep I can't imagine ill ever be without it. Kinda looking for (1) what to take care of (2) frequency (3) how to take care of, etc. Also I'm hoping this discussion might help others too. Thanks for any knowledge and feedback.

Radiator/fluids?
Diffs?
Motor oil
Greasing suspension parts?
Cleaning after wheelin?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Wax the hell out of it with the highest quality wax you can afford. Buy one of those pump sprayers at Lowes and fill it with veg oil. When you go wheelin and its going to get muddy spray the undercarriage(Not the paint) with the oil, very light coat. Will make wash time much easier. I get mine filthy all the time, when I traded my o7 off it looked completely new... Cept for a few scratches.

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
Yeah, there's not much to do at this point. However, you could learn more about it if you put a lift on yourself (with the help of a few Jeepers), or you could go learn what can go wrong by helping others fixing theirs. :)

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Veg oil! That's a new one!

·
Registered
700 Posts
I love my Jeep more than I like most people.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Buy one of those pump sprayers at Lowes and fill it with veg oil. When you go wheelin and its going to get muddy spray the undercarriage(Not the paint) with the oil, very light coat.
I hope it's not partially hydrogenated vegetable oil. Don't you know trans fats are not healthy for Jeeps. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

:rofl:

·
Registered
666 Posts
:thumb:It never hurts to RTFM.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sounds good to me.. Cant stand the though of my Jeep rusting away here in the North East. I cant wait till I move back south..

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have always loved washing my Jeeps. I wash all my trucks/cars, but washing the Jeep is special. Top off, doors off, no matter. Time to spend with your Jeep.:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wax the hell out of it with the highest quality wax you can afford. Buy one of those pump sprayers at Lowes and fill it with veg oil. When you go wheelin and its going to get muddy spray the undercarriage(Not the paint) with the oil, very light coat. Will make wash time much easier. I get mine filthy all the time, when I traded my o7 off it looked completely new... Cept for a few scratches.

Great idea! We would spray the rear wheel wells of our Vette's and Vipers with Pam to keep the tire rubber from sticking on track days. (drags) Not surprised it would work on mud etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts