Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like its coming from the fan. Has anyone had this problem? Its not like a belt squeal.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couldn't get the clip to download, its kind of here and there, its not a constant howl. It will do it for a few seconds quit then do it again 30-60 seconds later stop repeat. and then sometimes nothing for a while. I was thinking fan clutch also just wasn't sure if anyone had this issue before. Didn't think of the water pump though. I haven't had any overheating issues or anything. Standing at the front of the jeep it sounds like its coming through the radiator.

·
Registered
458 Posts
My guess is on the fan clutch. Just replace one on my YJ but I did a waterpump at the same time, so I cant say for sure which one was making the noise.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
With the engine off, turn the fan by hand to see if the fan clutch is smooth.

Then, pull the belt and turn all the accessories on the front of the motor by hand to see if one has a bad bearing. Could be one of the idler pulleys, water pump, alt, etc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
:)We got a thank you from somebody. :thumb: Now if everyone were that polite, we'd be much happier to share our thoughts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts